Student Transfer Request Process

  • Kent School District is Not Accepting Transfer Requests.

    2024-2025 School Year Transfer Application Windows 

    February 2024 Employee Student Transfer Request 

    Available for students who: 

    • has at least one parent who works for Kent School District, 
    • lives in or out of the KSD boundaries, and 
    • is requesting a school within the parents' 2024-2025 strand. 

    May 2024 and August 2024 General Student Transfer Requests

    Available for students who:

    • lives in or out of the KSD boundaries,
    • has or does not have a sibling currently attending,
    • is or is not impacted by the boundary revisions, and 
    • is requesting a school outside of their assigned boundary.

    Applications will be available online when the transfer window is open.

    Additional Information 

    Families can apply for enrollment at a non-boundary school at any time during the current school year for the purpose of Childcare (Elementary only), to remain at their current school after mid-year move for the remainder of the school year, and for enrollment in some special programs.

    Transfer Requests / Year-Round Transfers

    Mid-Year Moves  

    • If you have moved into a different boundary and want to attend your new school, please contact the school directly for enrollment information.  
    • If you have moved into a different boundary and would like to apply to stay at your current school, please complete the Change of Address Process

    Transportation Not Provided for Transfer Students  

    Transportation is not available for students approved for transfer to a non-boundary school. Transportation will be the responsibility of the family.  

    Transfers Not Approved for Athletic Reasons  

    Transfer requests will not be approved for athletic or co-curricular activity reasons. As per WIAA regulations, students transferring from one high school to another high school within the Kent School District, without a corresponding change in home residence with natural parents or legal guardians, will be deemed ineligible for a one-year period at the varsity level of sports.  

    Kindergarten Students Must Register at Boundary School First  

    Kindergarten students must register at their boundary school prior to requesting a transfer.  

    Non-Residents Must Complete Form from Boundary District  

    All non-resident transfers must obtain a Choice Transfer/Release of Attendance from their boundary school district. 

Contact Us

Last Modified on November 20, 2023