- Kent Virtual Academy
Free Microsoft Training for Kent Virtual Academy Families
Hello Kent Virtual Academy Students!
Please take the time to register and attend these five a live virtual training to learn how to use Microsoft Teams and other Office 365 applications. These should be completed on your Asynchronous days, and you have the choice of which time fits your schedule. Each interactive support session:
- Lasts approximately 1 hour.
- Is facilitated by Microsoft Partner educators.
- Families may also attend for free, if interested.
We ask you attend at all 5 at least once but can attend a repeat if you need. You may also wish to join the other Family Tech Academy events happening for all KSD students. Learn more here: Free Microsoft Training for Families (kent.k12.wa.us)
Advanced registration using an email address is required to reserve your spot and join the Microsoft Teams event (We recommend students use their KSD email). After you register, you will receive an email confirmation with the link and calendar event that will allow you to join at the specified date/time using your phone, your computer's browser, or the free Teams app for Android or iOS.
Fall Course Offerings
Microsoft Accessibility Tool Solutions
There is no limit to what people can achieve when technology reflects the diversity of all who use it. This course shows how students can achieve more with the built-in accessibility tools and features in Microsoft technologies. It focuses on features for those who need to customize their settings for hearing, sight, and neurodiverse needs, as well as for those that wish to be more inclusive in the content they create and the way they present. (Recommended for students grades 6-12)
- Register for Friday, August 26th from 1:00-2:00 p.m.
- Register for Monday, August 29th from 1:00-2:00 p.m.
- Register for Tuesday, August 30th from 1:00-2:00 p.m.
Windows 10 & the Surface
This course provides a showcase of the Microsoft Surface products and accessories and an overview on how to get started, get organized and work efficiently using Windows 10. (Best for students in grades 6- 12)
- Register for Friday, August 26th from 9:00-10:00 a.m.
- Register for Monday, August 29th from 9:00-10:00 a.m.
- Register for Tuesday, August 30th from 9:00-10:00 a.m.
- Register for Wednesday, August 31st from 11:00-12:00 p.m.
- Register for Thursday, September 1st from 11:00-12:00 p.m.
Teams What’s New
Learn tips and shortcuts for Microsoft Teams that will help you become power users, able to expedite navigation and efficiently use Teams for collaboration and workflow. Discover what’s new and find expert direction for Teams topics, curated for your specific work scenarios. (Best for students in grades 6-12)
Outlook lets you bring all your email accounts and calendars in one convenient spot. Get started by learning to navigate Outlook, customize your experience, and increase your productivity.
- Register for Wednesday, August 31st from 9:00-10:00 a.m.
- Register for Thursday, September 1st from 9:00-10:00 a.m.
Microsoft To Do
This course introduces how to manage your tasks easier by allowing you to manage your to do list anywhere, set up an intelligent and personalized daily planner, and share lists with classmates.