- Kent School District
- Information & Updates
- Information & Updates
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
- Coronavirus (COVID-19) Resources
- Free Meals
- News & Highlights
- Learning Support
- Parent & Family Resources
- Community Resources
March 23, 2020
Message from Our Superintendent
I understand there is anxiety about several issues related to the district closure and the balance of the school year. We will continue to provide you with information updates via email, social media and text, and our website at https://www.kent.k12.wa.us/closure. We thank you for your patience and understanding as we navigate this together, our staff and their families are just as impacted as our students and community.
As we enter week two of the prolonged school closure, we have several key updates to share with our entire KSD Community.
We have prepared activities and resources for students to explore during our school closure. Students can use them to review content they have already learned, preview topics scheduled to be learned later this year, and explore additional topics of interest.
These activities and resources:
- Do not replace direct teacher instruction.
- Are optional for students. Assignments are not required or graded.
- May be supplemented by individual schools that mail/email additional resources.
Find Resources by Level
- Elementary Resources & Elementary Daily Schedule
- Inclusive Education Resources
- Secondary Resources & Secondary Daily Schedule
Stay Tuned for Continuous Updates
- We will continue to develop and add to this resource throughout the closure, so please check back often.
Staying engaged with learning during the closure will help to minimize the loss of learning. We look forward to school reconvening and teachers will resume instruction highlighting those standards that are most critical moving forward.
What is Social Distancing?
Social distancing is staying away from crowds or congregations of 10 or more people with the intent of minimizing transmission of infectious disease outbreaks.
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention defines social distancing as “remaining out of congregate settings, avoiding mass gatherings and maintaining distance — approximately 6 feet— from others when possible.” Social distancing is recommended because medical professionals know that the virus that causes COVID-19 can travel at least 3 feet when coughed or sneezed and can live on surfaces for hours to days. Read More
All KSD Playgrounds are Closed
Based on health department guidance and in alignment with Kent Parks Recreation & Community Services, Kent School District playgrounds are closed to the public. This is an effort to slow the spread of COVID-19. This means:
- "Touch surfaces" including playground structures and swing sets are closed
- All courts are closed
- Open spaces that are normally available remain available for activities such as walking and biking
- Everyone must maintain social distancing
- Groups of people may not gather
Please observe these rules so we can all do our part to slow the spread.
Grab and go breakfast and lunch meals are available daily for children up to age 18, whether or not on the Free or Reduced Meal Program. No KSD student will be turned away. As the COVID-19 pandemic is a rapidly evolving situation it is possible that service times and locations at either a KSD site or a community partner site may change. Please call your local site for details.
This is the Meal Schedule for March 23 – March 27, 2020. Changes are possible and if made will be posted on Kent School District website, social media, and KSD App.
Kent School District Sites
- Carriage Crest Elementary (10:00-11:00 a.m.): 18235 140th Avenue SE, Renton, WA, 98058
- Cedar Heights Middle School (10:00-11:00 a.m.): 19640 SE 272nd Street, Covington, WA, 98042
- Covington Elementary (10:00-11:00 a.m.): 25811 156th Avenue SE Covington, WA 98042
- Kent Elementary (10:00-11:00 a.m.): 24700 64th Avenue S, Kent, WA, 98032
- Kent-Meridian High School (10:00-11:00 a.m.): 10020 SE 256th Street, Kent, WA 98031
- Kentridge High School (10:00-11:00 a.m.): 12430 SE 208th Street, Kent, WA 98031
- Neely-O'Brien Elementary (10:00-11:00 a.m.): 6300 S 236th Street, Kent, WA 98032
Community Partner Sites
Community partner site schedules are not managed or staffed by Kent School District.
- Birch Creek Youth Center (12:00-1:00 p.m.): 12910 SE 273rd Street, Kent, WA 98030, (206) 263-2460
- Cascade Youth Center (12:00-1:00 p.m.): 20500 106th Ave SE, Kent, WA 98031, (253) 859-2357
- Kent YMCA (10:00-11:00 a.m.): 10828 SE 248th Street, Kent, WA 98030, (253) 859-2357
- Valli Kee Youth Center (12:00-1:00 p.m.): 23401 104th Ave SE, Kent, WA 98031, (253) 859-0300
We have received new guidance from the state superintendent on graduation requirements and anticipate today receiving additional guidance on remote learning during the closure. Additionally, Governor Jay Inslee will addresses the public to lay out enhanced strategies to mitigate the COVID-19 outbreak this evening at 5:30 p.m. I will continue working with our talented and dedicated leaders to unpack the new guidance and mandates and we will send updates and information throughout this week and upcoming weeks as we continue to navigate this together.