- Kent School District
- Information & Updates
- Information & Updates
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
- Coronavirus (COVID-19) Resources
- Free Meals
- News & Highlights
- Learning Support
- Parent & Family Resources
- Community Resources
March 17, 2020
Message from Our Superintendent
Today was a good day. Our superb Nutrition Services team came together to serve nearly 3,000 meals to children. We look forward to serving more children in the days to come. Our meal service plan during this unprecedented closure will be closely monitored and may expand or change as needed depending on our student needs or on guidance from our Governor and Department of Health. We are committed to feeding our children and protecting the health and wellness of our staff and community.
I am happy to share that as of this afternoon no KSD Staff or Student have tested positive for COVID-19. While the virus continues to spread and testing increases, we know this may change. Our teams will continue to work together and be in contact with Seattle King County Public Health should one of our students or staff test positive.
President’s Coronavirus Guidelines for America
To that end, here are the President’s Coronavirus Guidelines for America released on March 16:
- Listen to and follow the directions of your STATE AND LOCAL AUTHORITIES.
- IF YOU FEEL SICK, stay home. Do not go to work. Contact your medical provider.
- IF YOUR CHILDREN ARE SICK, keep them at home. Do not send them to school. Contact your medical provider.
- IF SOMEONE IN YOUR HOUSEHOLD HAS TESTED POSITIVE for the coronavirus, keep the entire household at home. Do not go to work. Do not go to school. Contact your medical provider.
- IF YOU ARE AN OLDER PERSON, stay home and away from other people.
- IF YOU ARE A PERSON WITH A SERIOUS UNDERLYING HEALTH CONDITION that can put you at increased risk (for example, a condition that impairs your lung or heart function or weakens your immune system), stay home and away from other people.
No KSD Building Access March 19 – April 24
- As a reminder School offices will remain open Monday through Wednesday to allow families to pick up medication, staff to pick up personal items and teachers to retrieve supplies, materials, etc.
- This is also the time that our secondary students can pick up their devices if they did not take them home with them yesterday.
- Beginning Thursday, March 19 there will be no access to KSD facilities unless otherwise communicated.
We will continue communicating and sharing more resources in the coming days; for now, please continue to encourage our children to read, get fresh air and practice social distancing.