Now Hiring Team KSD Bus Drivers
Apply online to join the Kent School District (KSD) Transportation Team in transporting 20,000 students to and from school each day. Have questions? Contact our Transportation office at (253) 373-7442.
- Competitive wages
- Health benefits
- Vision and dental
- Washington State retirement
- Teamster pension
- Weekends and summers off
- Minimum of five years driving experience
- Excellent driving record with no suspension or revocation of driving license within last five years
- Must be able to read a map, learn school locations, follow routing directions and complete paperwork
- Must be able to pass a physical agility test, Department of Transportation (DOT) physical, alcohol and drug tests, Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) and Washington State Patrol (WSP) background checks
View the job description, learn more about requirements, and apply online.
We Offer Training
KSD provides training to qualified applicants. The driver training program takes approximately four weeks and combines classroom learning with behind-the-wheel bus driving experience.
- Complete the CDL Class B driving test
- Receive passenger and school bus endorsements
- Learn school bus procedures and legal requirements
- Understand route and map reading
We Offer a $1,000 Incentive
Candidates who complete training and begin driving for KSD will receive a $1,000 completion incentive.