WaKIDS Welcomes Kindergarten Families
The Washington Kindergarten Inventory of Developing Skills (WaKIDS) program helps ensure a successful start to kindergarten. As a part of the program, some Kent School District schools have set aside the first three days of the school year-August 31, September 1, and September 5— so that families can meet their child's kindergarten teacher for Family Connection. Students are encouraged to attend these meetings with their parents and guardians.
- Welcome families to school and children to kindergarten.
- Start a relationship between families and teachers.
- Families share information about their children.
- WaKIDS website
- Introducing Me! - A booklet to guide the family connection conversation. (Also available here in Arabic, Amharic, Chinese, Hindi, Korean, Marshallese, Nepali, Oromo, Punjabi, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Somali, Tagalog, Tigrigna, Turkish, Ukrainian, Urdu, and Vietnamese.)
- Washington State Early Learning and Development Guidelines - Birth through Grade 3
- Characteristics of Children Entering Kindergarten