- Horizon Elementary
Summer Library Hours at Horizon Elementary
Our school library will be open from 9:30 am. to 1:00 p.m. on Wednesdays this summer from July 10 through August 14.
- July 10: Gardening Week
- July 17: Minecraft Week
- July 24: Comics and Graphic Novels Week
- July 31: Shark Week
- August 7: National Park Week
- August 14: Books to Film Week
Reasons to Join Us
- Come checkout books from the Horizon Library over the summer!
- Pickup and checkout books on hold
- Borrow from Horizon’s extensive collection of IRLA leveled books
- Student access to computers for DreamBox Math and other online resources
- Individualized coaching from one of Horizon's own expert IRLA reading coaches
- Snacks and Prizes for participation
- Track your reading and earn additional prizes!
Responsible students within walking distance may walk to school to checkout books and then return home.
Parent supervision is required to remain at school beyond book checkout. Students may not be dropped off for an extended amount of time. We are not able to provide childcare for unsupervised students.
Kent School District students can enjoy comics, audiobooks, magazines, music, movies, TV shows, language learning, and more using their free access to the King County Library System (KSCLS).
- Visit the KCLS Student Accounts webpage.
- Select Elementary School Students.
- Select a resource.
- Log in using your free KSD account
- Library Account: 415sn _ _ _ _ _ _ (complete the blanks with KSD student number)
- Password: Last four digits of student number
This summer, Capstone Interactive eBooks is providing free access to thousands of ebooks that can be read from school, home, or on-the-go. These eBooks can be used with a laptop or desktop computer or an iPad.
Best of all, Capstone Interactive eBooks provide critical supports like text-highlighting and read-aloud audio, recorded by professional voice-over artists. Plus, the easy navigation makes it inviting for your student to find their Capstone favorites: like the spunky Katie Woo, stunning photography from PebblePlus books, and thrilling reads like Library of Doom from Michael Dahl.
You can also feel comfortable knowing your student is exploring an ad-free website bursting with resources to help them read in and out of the classroom.
- Visit the Capstone Interactive eBooks login page.
- Log in using the free summer account.
- Login: capstonesummer
- Password: interactive19
Students can maintain and build math skills throughout the summer for free using DreamBox Math.
- Visit Horizon's DreamBox login page.
- Choose your student's class.
- Log in using the information for your student's grade.
- Grades K-1: Use picture password
- Grades 2-6: Use student number and password