Let’s Fill the Bus with School Supplies!
In partnership with Communities in Schools of Kent, the Kent School District (KSD) encourages our community to participate in the sixth-annual Fill the Bus school supply drive now through August 16.
All donated items will be distributed directly to the schools. Families who need supplies should contact their school office.
Ways to Participate
- Drop off school supplies at any of the locations listed below by August 16.
- Bring school supplies to the Fill the Bus event at Kent Station on August 16.
- To donate after August, drop off school supplies at the Communities in Schools of Kent office or the Kent School District Administration Center.
Drop Off Locations
- Coldwell Banker Bain (207 W. Kent Station St.)
- Communities in Schools of Kent (202 W. Gowe St., Kent)
- Curran Law Firm (555 W. Smith St., Kent)
- Denali Federal Credit Union (19802 62nd Ave S., Kent)
- Kent School District Administration Center (12033 SE 256th St., Kent)
- Shibu Ramen (437 Ramsay Way, Kent Station)
- Sweet Themes Bakery (317 W. Meeker St., Kent)
Suggested School Supplies
- 1 and 2-inch binders
- Expo dry erase markers
- Handheld pencil sharpeners
- Pencil boxes and pouches
- Elmer's liquid glue
- Sturdy backpacks
- Sketch pads (8.5 x 11 inches)
- Art paper
- Note cards (3 x 5 inches)
- Hand sanitizer
- 12-inch rulers
- Erasers (Pink Pearl or pencil toppers)
- Glue sticks
- Colored pencils
- Watercolor paints
- Ballpoint pens (blue, black, and red)
- Colored markers (fine and broad tipped)
- Pencils (mechanical and pre-sharpened #2)
- Earbuds or headphones
- 2-pocket folders
- Graph paper
- Lined filler paper (college ruled preferred)
- Spiral notebooks (college ruled preferred)
- Composition notebooks (college ruled preferred)
- Thumb drives
Join Us to Fill the Bus!
The community is invited to help us fill the bus on Thursday, August 16, at the KSD Administration Center from approximately 3:30-4:00 p.m. and at the Kent Station S.O.A.K.S event from 5:00-7:00 p.m.