Update: February 28, 2019
Kent School District (KSD) has worked with all of our labor partners to consider make-up options for the days missed this year due to inclement weather.
Please note the following changes to our student calendar:
- March 8 is a regular school day.
- Elementary School Conferences are March 18-22.
- March 29 is a regular school day.
- April 29 is a regular school day.
- June 26 will be a Wednesday early release day.
- The last day of school will be Friday, June 28, which will continue to be a three-hour early dismissal.
Our district will complete a waiver request from the State of Washington Office of Superintendent of Public Instruction (OSPI) for the number of missed school days due to inclement weather for which we qualify. This request will be submitted to the Board of Directors for approval in March before it is due to OSPI on April 5.
Should additional days be approved by OSPI, the last day of school will be moved according to the number of days approved, and the calendar will be updated. KSD will communicate updates and outcomes of this process with staff and families. The determination from OSPI on the Board-approved waiver is expected to be provided to KSD on May 10.
A new calendar reflecting the changes made in collaboration with our labor partners will be created and posted to this webpage soon.
The 2019-2020 student calendar will be released and available for download from this page in the spring of 2019.