Closed March 16 through April 24
All Events Canceled During Closure
All out-of-district transportation, school events, field trips, community rentals, athletic practices, and competitions are canceled while Kent School District schools and offices are closed.
The March 25, 2020, Kent School Board meeting will be held virtually via Zoom.
Resources Available to Families
2019-2020 School Year
- School starts for grades 1-12 on August 29
- Kindergarten starts on September 4.
- The quarters end on November 1 and April 14.
- The semesters end on January 28 and June 18.
- The last date of the first semester was changed from January 23 to January 28 following school closures for snow on January 13-14.
- The last day of school is planned for June 18, 2020. All students will be dismissed three hours early.
All schools will dismiss students two hours early every Wednesday except during conference weeks.
- October 23
- November 27
- February 12
- Elementary conferences are October 21-25 and February 10-14. Elementary schools will have a three-hour early dismissal each day. Secondary schools will not have an early-release Wednesday on October 23 or February 12.
- Secondary conferences are November 26-27. Secondary schools will have a three-hour early dismissal both days. Elementary schools will not have an early-release Wednesday on November 27.
Teacher Workshop Days
There is no school on teacher workshop days.
- October 11
- January 24
- March 13
Holidays & Breaks
There is no school on observed holidays or during breaks.
- September 2: Labor Day
- November 11: Veterans Day
- November 28-29: Thanksgiving Break
- December 23 - January 3: Winter Break
- January 20: Martin Luther King, Jr. Day
- February 17-21: President's Break
- April 6-10: Spring Break
- May 25: Memorial Day
Optional School Closure Days
In the event of school cancellation by the Kent School District, the make-up day(s) will be added to the end of the school year in June.
2020-2021 School Year
Early release dates will be available on a later version.