Apply or Renew
By providing support to students and staff, volunteers are a vital component of the education process. In a day and age when time is a precious commodity, we thank our volunteers for their generosity and dedication to our schools. A vibrant volunteer program promoting involvement of all stakeholders is crucial to our mission of successfully preparing all students for their futures. When volunteers commit to serving at a school, students can achieve higher grades, have access to more opportunities, and gain community connections to help them thrive. By serving students and staff every day in the Kent School District, our volunteers truly make a difference!
Beginning on November 1, 2022, the COVID-19 vaccination requirement for volunteers will no longer be mandatory. Governor Inslee is rescinding all COVID-19 emergency proclamations, including the vaccination requirement for volunteers, on October 31, 2022.
Kent School District encourages parents, family members, organizations, businesses, and community members to volunteer in our schools.
A volunteer is any person (other than an employee or contractor) authorized by the Kent School District to assist in school learning, activities, competitions, or events. Our volunteer program is not for the fulfillment of court-required community service or other obligations imposed for violations of laws.
Volunteer’s Responsibilities and Process
• Volunteer completes online application
• Volunteer annually updates application online
• Volunteer completes school-specific training
• Volunteer begins serving
Welcome to Volunteers in Public Schools or VIPS.
• The Office of Communications and Public Affairs (Communications) supports VIPS - Volunteers in Public Schools.
• School Safety Services supports the VIPS background screening process. Contact 253-373-7256 or Timothy.Kovich@kent.k12.wa.us for background check issues including manual review required.
• Customer Support Center supports technical issues at 253-373-7030 or CustomerSupportCenter@kent.k12.wa.us.
If you have questions, please email email@example.com.
See the process for new volunteers and returning volunteers below.
Returning Volunteer Process
1: Log in to your existing VIPS account
2: Agree to Volunteer Expectations
3: Answer Disclosure Questions
4: Update Contact Information if Needed
5: Upload New Identification if Needed
6: Save Profile
7: Receive Volunteer Status Email