Update: March 29, 2019
The State of Washington Office of Superintendent of Public Instruction (OSPI) approved three waiver days. The last day of school will be Tuesday, June 25, which will continue to be a three-hour early dismissal.
Update: February 28, 2019
Kent School District (KSD) has worked with all of our labor partners to consider make-up options for the days missed this year due to inclement weather.
Please note the following changes to our student calendar:
- March 8 is a regular school day.
- Elementary School Conferences are March 18-22.
- March 29 is a regular school day.
- April 29 is a regular school day.
- June 26 will be a Wednesday early release day.
- The last day of school will be Friday, June 28, which will continue to be a three-hour early dismissal.
Our district will complete a waiver request from the State of Washington Office of Superintendent of Public Instruction (OSPI) for the number of missed school days due to inclement weather for which we qualify. This request will be submitted to the Board of Directors for approval in March before it is due to OSPI on April 5.
Should additional days be approved by OSPI, the last day of school will be moved according to the number of days approved, and the calendar will be updated. KSD will communicate updates and outcomes of this process with staff and families. The determination from OSPI on the Board-approved waiver is expected to be provided to KSD by May 10.
- School starts for grades 1-12 on August 29
- Kindergarten starts on September 4.
- The quarters end on November 1 and April 14.
- The semesters end on January 23 and June 18.
- The last day of school is planned for June 18. All students will be dismissed three hours early.
All schools will dismiss students two hours early every Wednesday except during conference weeks.
- October 23
- November 27
- February 12
- Elementary conferences are October 21-25 and February 10-14. Elementary schools will have a three-hour early dismissal each day. Secondary schools will not have an early-release Wednesday on October 23 or February 12.
- Secondary conferences are November 26-27. Secondary schools will have a three-hour early dismissal both days. Elementary schools will not have an early-release Wednesday on November 27.
Teacher Workshop Days
There is no school on teacher workshop days.
- October 11
- January 24
- March 13
Holidays & Breaks
There is no school on observed holidays or during breaks.
- September 2: Labor Day
- November 11: Veterans Day
- November 28-29: Thanksgiving Break
- December 23 - January 3: Winter Break
- January 20: Martin Luther King, Jr. Day
- February 17-21: President's Break
- April 6-10: Spring Break
- May 25: Memorial Day
Optional School Closure Days
In the event of school cancellation by the Kent School District, the make-up day(s) shall occur on March 27 and April 27. If more days are necessary, they will be added to the end of the school year after June 18.
- March 27
- April 27
- June 19