Kindergarten Dual Language Lottery
2022-2023 School Year
The Kent School District (KSD) will accept Kindergarten Dual Language Lottery applications for the 2022-2023 School Year through April 30, 2022. Decisions will be sent to families by mid-May.
Dual Language Elementary Schools
- Kent Elementary School (grades K-6)
- Neely-O’Brien Elementary School (grades K-6)
- Scenic Hill Elementary School (grades K-6)
A weighted lottery is used to determine student placement in the Dual Language (DL) program for kindergarten based on priority groups.
Two separate waiting lists are established to ensure the program is evenly filled with native Spanish speakers and those who speak other languages.
- A waiting list for students who speak Spanish as their home language.
- A waiting list for students who speak any other language.
Students are placed on each waitlist in the following order:
- Students identified for English language learner services.
- Siblings of students currently enrolled in the KSD Dual Language program.
- Students living within the DL elementary school boundaries.
- Students living within the KSD boundary.
- Students living outside of the KSD boundary.
Students Identified for English Learner Services
Siblings of Students Currently in the KSD Dual Language Program
Students Living Within the Dual Language School Boundaries
Dual Language Program
12033 SE 256th Street #D-200
Kent, WA 98030