Kindergarten Dual Language Lottery
2021-2022 Application Process
The Kent School District will accept online Kindergarten Dual Language Lottery applications for the 2021-2022 school year during the student transfer request window in May 2021.
Once available, applications will be posted to this page in English and Spanish.
Dual Language Elementary Schools
- Kent Elementary School (grades K-6)
- Neely-O’Brien Elementary School (grades K-6)
- Scenic Hill Elementary School (grades K-6)
A weighted lottery is used to determine student placement in the Dual Language (DL) program for kindergarten based on priority groups.
Two separate waiting lists are established to ensure the program is evenly filled with native Spanish speakers and those who speak other languages.
- A waiting list for students who speak Spanish as their home language.
- A waiting list for students who speak any other language.
Students are placed on each waitlist in the following order:
- Students identified for English language learner services.
- Siblings of students currently enrolled in the KSD Dual Language program.
- Students living within the DL elementary school boundaries.
- Students living within the KSD boundary.
- Students living outside of the KSD boundary.
Students Identified for English Learner Services
Siblings of Students Currently in the KSD Dual Language Program
Students Living Within the Dual Language School Boundaries