Prepare for Success
The Student’s Role
- Check the high school website and calendar daily to stay current on dates and events.
- Maintain a record of high school and associate degree requirements.
- Sign up for college classes.
- Take all Running Start questions and concerns to the college Running Start office.
- Complete the High School and Beyond Plan (HSBP) required for high school graduation.
- Email the high school counselor with questions about high school classes or graduation.
- Schedule appointments with the high school counselor in advance if needed.
- Pay college class fees and buy books for classes.
- Complete the Running Start Enrollment Verification form and return to the college before its registration window opens.
- Provide transportation to and from college.
- Track grades and attendance as parents and families will not have access to this information from the college.
The College Running Start Advisor’s Role
- Communicate associate degree requirements.
- Help the student set up a course plan that fulfills all associate degree requirements.
- Communicate with the student regarding college class registration, fees, and academic probation.
The High School Counselor’s Role
- Inform students about how to qualify for Running Start when requested.
- Complete Running Start Enrollment Verification form after the student presents a copy of qualifying scores.
- Communicate high school graduation requirements.
- Meet with the student before each quarter to complete the Enrollment Verification Form (EVF) via prescheduled drop-in times or appointment set by the student.
Last Modified on March 5, 2019