Calling All Dads (or other father figures) of Great Students!
WATCH D.O.G.S. (Dads Of Great Students) is an innovative father involvement and educational initiative of the National Center for Fathering. Ridgewood is proud to participate in this program.
- Provide positive male role models for the students, demonstrating by their presence that education is important.
- To provide extra sets of eyes and ears to enhance school security and reduce bullying.
Who Can Volunteer
WatchDOGs are fathers, grandfathers, uncles, and other father-figures who volunteer for at least one day each year at an official WATCH D.O.G.S. school.
These volunteers perform a variety of tasks during their volunteer day engaging with more students than their own. View a sample schedule.
Activities may include:
- Work on flashcards
- Play at recess
- Eat lunch
- Patrol the school entrances and hallways
- Assist with traffic flow and
- Any other assigned activities
On the day of their participation, WatchDOG volunteers are given a brief review of their involvement. They wear an official WATCH D.O.G.S. vest with a disposable ‘dog tag’ identifying them as a Ridgewood WatchDOG.
Become a Ridgewood WatchDOG
- Complete the registration form and return it to the Ridgewood office.
- Complete a Volunteers in Public Schools application or the annual renewal process.
- Wait for us to contact you!
End of Day Survey
After completing a day at Ridgewood as a WatchDOG, take the survey to let us know what you thought!