Year-Round Transfer Requests
Applications Accepted at Any Time
The Kent School District (KSD) will accept applications for the current school year for childcare purposes, a change of address, and some programs at any time during the school year.
Students in kindergarten through sixth grade (K-6) may be approved to attend a school other than their boundary school for childcare.
The single head of household or both heads of household must:
- Be employed or attending school full time which necessitates the need for childcare service outside the student’s boundary school service area.
- Live in the Kent School District boundary.
Please contact KSD Student and Family Support Services at (253) 373-7235 for an application.
Change of Address
If the family moves to an address in another school’s service area, students are allowed to stay in their current school for the rest of the school year based on space availability and good attendance.
Please complete the Kent School District Change of Address Form.
Families must apply during the annual transfer window for students to stay at the same school for the following school year.
If you would like to enroll in your new boundary school, please complete the enrollment process.
- Grades K-8: Dual Language at select schools
- Grades 3-12: Kent Academy: KMVA/KPA
- Grades 7-12: Kent Technology Academy at Mill Creek Middle School and Kent-Meridian High School
- Grades 9-12: International Baccalaureate (IB) at Kent-Meridian High School
- Dropout Re-Engagement for Ages 16-21: iGrad