Boundary Study Overview
New School Boundaries Coming in Fall 2021
More than twelve years have passed since our last boundary change in 2008. Over that period, enrollments have increased and decreased at various schools across our district, student and community demographics have changed, and various educational programs and delivery methods have progressed.
Given these changes, the Kent School Board commissioned MGT Consulting Group to evaluate all school attendance boundaries in our district. View the current school boundaries map (may not be accurate for all addresses).
- July 22, 2020: Request for proposal
- August 26, 2020: School Board awards contract to MGT Consulting
- October 1-2, 2020: Initial small-group pilot survey
- October 6, 2020: Notification to KSD community
- October 2020: Survey families and community
- November 2020: Present School Boundary Review Interim Report (PDF)
- December 2020: Hold family and community engagement meetings
- January 13, 2021: Present School Boundary Review Final Report (PDF)
- January 13, 2021: Public Hearing during the regular board meeting
- January 27, 2021: KSD Board will take action on the boundary proposal at the regular board meeting.
At the work session on January 13, 2021, MGT Consulting presented its School Boundary Review Final Report (PDF). The work session was followed by the regularly scheduled board meeting that included a public hearing where community members provided comments on the Final Report to the School Board.
The Board will vote on moving forward with proposed boundary changes on January 27. If approved, new boundaries will go into effect for the 2021-2022 school year.
Find answers to frequently asked boundary study questions.
The KSD Board will vote on moving forward with proposed boundary changes on January 27.
The family and community surveys have been extended to October 25. Please provide your input by completing a survey.