Thanks for Being Involved & Supporting Our Students
Our parent/student goal-setting conferences in October were very well attended with approximately 91 percent of Meridian students and families joining us. These conferences are an important opportunity for staff, families, and students to work together in a collaborative partnership to support every student’s growth and development in school.
Meridian’s vision is for parents and staff to unite to inspire our students’ love for lifelong learning. This vision was very evident during our goal setting conferences. Thank you, staff, families and students!
Our PTSA is Wonderful
The whole Meridian “community” is known for their caring and giving to Meridian Elementary School. Our Parent Teacher Student Association (PTSA) is renowned for their support and encouragement in the academic and artistic achievement and social wellbeing of Meridian students. They continually help support our school with many grants and programs.
The PTSA provides numerous academic and social events throughout the year.
- The Art Docent program culminates with an exemplary art walk at the end of the year.
- The Science Fair program which is run by our dedicated volunteers encourages and captures budding scientists to explore the unknown, and to test the unthinkable.
- The long-established bookfair program supports the Meridian Elementary library and all grade level teachers encouraging the love of reading and providing access to great books.
- Our December “Winterfest” dinner and Santa welcomes all families and community members.
- The Meridian Carnival is the highlight of the year for our students. This night proves to be an epic event for all families where family/staff/neighbors share in fun games and food for all.
This is just a very small portion of our PTSA’s support for Meridian. They continually support the students and the staff throughout the year through field trips, staff appreciations, student recognitions, movies, and more.
We Appreciate Community Partnerships
Meridian is also fortunate to have the support of Faith Church. Each week they gather approximately 80 of Meridian students for their “Kids of Character” on Wednesday afternoons. They are steadfast in their support of Meridian at our many school functions. They continually provide dinners at events, student school supplies and clothing, and their talent and time in and out of the classroom.
To begin our school year, Faith Church and their many volunteers spent their weekend and came and mowed and weeded our front lawn as well as planted beautiful flowers out front. What a beautiful way to start the year!
Our Students are Respectful, Responsible & Safe
Meridian’s weekly Caught Ya Awards remind and reward students for being respectful, responsible and safe. Our students are doing a great job of this not only in their play with their peers on the playground, but also during their everyday interactions with each other in school.
A large emphasis has been put on preventing bullying and teaching kindness. We practice being respectful, responsible, and safe in our Morning Meetings through a greeting, a sharing activity about ourselves, an inclusive group activity, and morning message.