Dear Springbrook Elementary School Families and Friends,
I hope this message finds you well and excited for the start of the new 2023-2024 school year at Springbrook Elementary School. As the elementary school principal, I wanted to take a moment to welcome you all and share some important information as we begin this journey together.
First and foremost, I want to express my gratitude for entrusting us with your child's education. We understand that each student is unique, with their own strengths and areas for growth. Our dedicated team of teachers and staff is committed to providing a safe and inclusive learning environment where every child can thrive academically, socially, and emotionally.
At Springbrook, we believe in fostering a strong partnership between home and school, as we know that collaboration is essential for your child's success. We encourage open lines of communication and invite you to reach out to us with any questions or concerns you may have throughout the year. Together, we can ensure that your child receives the support they need to reach their full potential.
As we navigate through the beginning of the school year, you can expect a focus on establishing routines, building relationships, and creating a positive classroom community. Our teachers have carefully designed engaging and differentiated lessons that will challenge and inspire your child to grow both academically and personally.
We also understand that the transition back to school and for those of you are new to Springbrook can be challenging. Rest assured that we have additional support such as counseling and social-emotional learning programs to provide support and interventions to help all students succeed alongside their peers.
In closing, I want to express my enthusiasm for the upcoming school year. Together, let's create an environment where every child feels valued, respected, and motivated to learn. Thank you for your partnership, and I look forward to an incredible year of growth and achievement.
Principal, Springbrook Elementary Principal
Here is what else you need to know
- Breakfast: Breakfast begins at 8:40 a.m. Students may enter the cafeteria at 8:40 a.m. to eat breakfast.
- Recess: Recess is at various times in the day for each grade level.
- Before school and dismissal routines
- Before school – please do not come early. Students will not be supervised until 8:45 a.m. School starts at 9:00 a.m.
- Students will enter the building through the front entrance and walk to their classrooms.
- If your child arrives after 9:00 a.m. please have them enter the building through the front office.
- After school – Dismissal is at 3:40 p.m. Students will be dismissed to the busses and daycare vans, which will be parked in our front bus loop. Walkers will be dismissed to walk directly home (no playing on the playground).
- Car Riders will walk to their cars. Please do not get out of the car.
- If you want to get out of your car to pick up your student, park in a designated parking place and meet them at the Springbrook Elementary sign located at the front of the school.
- Families & Visitors in KSD Schools and Buildings
- Families and visitors have access to school campuses and must sign in when they enter and leave the school or KSD building.
- Volunteers must complete the VIPS application process before volunteering in school.
It is also important to continue to check our school and district website and communication pathways to stay informed about changes that are to come. Most importantly, make sure we have your most up-to-date telephone and or email information in the Skyward System.
For families that need additional resources with toiletries, clothing and or food securities, please contact Gena, Communities in Schools Site coordinator who would be happy to assist you at Ginalyn.Chau@kent.k12.wa.us. For families that are interested in Joining our Parent Teacher Association (PTA), please contact Naoko, IP Teacher and Administrator in Training at Naoko.email@example.com.
12:10- 12:30 p.m.
12:30- 12:50 p.m.
DAILY SCHEDULE (M, T, TH, F)
Beginning of the Year Upcoming Dates
September 14, 2023: PTA (Parent Teacher Association Interest Meeting) 4:00-5:00 p.m.
September 14, 2023: Open House 5:00-6:30pm
Open House Schedule
- 5:00-5:30 p.m. Session 1 Teacher Presentations
- 5:30-6:00 p.m. Principal Information Session
- 6:00-6:30 p.m. Session 2 Teacher presentations
October 12, 2023: Curriculum Night 5:00-6:30 p.m.
- Topics covered How to help your child succeed in Reading
- Ways to help a child (Really) listen (Brain Science)