Welcome to Ridgewood!
At Ridgewood Elementary everyone is a reader, an author, an illustrator, an artist, a mathematician, a scientist, and beyond. We are unlocking our potential all day every day!
We are looking forward to a productive partnership with you to ensure all children can achieve their highest potential.
Washington Achievement Award
Last spring, the Washington Board of Education and the Office of Public Instruction named Ridgewood as school of achievement in Washington for 2017-2018, specifically for working toward closing the achievement gap. We are so proud of our students, staff, and community for their efforts in achieving this distinguished award. We are determined to continue to succeed. Our banner is proudly displayed in our multipurpose room.
Our Partnership in Education
We are looking forward to a productive partnership with you to ensure all students can achieve their highest potential. We recognize that in order to be successful in school we need support from both the home and school.
We know a strong partnership with you will make a great difference in your child’s education.
As partners, we ask for support in guiding your child’s learning by ensuring that he/she:
- Attends school daily and arrives on time, ready for the day’s learning experience
- Completes all homework assignments given by teachers
- Reads daily to develop a love for reading and to improve literacy skills
- Shares school experiences with you so that you are aware of his/her school life
- Informs you if he/she needs additional support in any area or subject
- Knows that you expect him/her to succeed and understands that everyone belongs at Ridgewood!
Welcome New Staff
We are pleased to welcome new staff members to our Ridgewood team!
- Mrs. Drenckpohl joins us a second-grade teacher.
- Ms. Winter joins us a fourth-grade teacher.
- Mr. Moron and Mr. Gonzenbach join us a sixth-grade teachers.
- Ms. Miller joins us as our school nurse.
- Mrs. Ebel has transitioned from teaching third grade to our building coach.