A Pass is Required to Ride the Bus
If your student is enrolled in a Kent School District school and you live in an eligible area, your student will be assigned a bus route and mailed a bus pass before the school year begins.
- Elementary students are required to show their yellow bus pass daily as they enter the school bus.
- The school office can provide a replacement bus pass if it is lost.
- Secondary students are required to show their school ID card or yellow bus pass daily as they enter the school bus.
- Students should keep their yellow bus pass after receiving ID cards with bus information in case their ID card is misplaced or lost.
- The school office can provide a replacement ID card if it is lost.
2020-2021 Passes Coming in October
Due to remote learning, bus passes will be mailed in October 2020.
Space Available Bus Passes Not Available Yet
The space available bus pass program is temporarily suspended due to remote learning. Please check back for more information in October 2020.
You can apply for a space available bus pass online for your student if:
- You don’t live in an area served by transportation.
- Your home or daycare is within the approved walking distance to the nearest bus stop.
- 1.34 miles for elementary students
- 1.75 miles for middle school students
- 2 miles for high school students
Students who transfer to a non-boundary school are not eligible for a space available bus pass. Transportation for transfer students is the responsibility of the family.
Exceptions can be made for siblings of Highly Capable (HiCap) students.