Graduation Ceremony Information
The Class of 2020 Graduation Ceremony is on July 8
Graduation for the Class of 2020 is scheduled for Wednesday, July 8, 2020.
Thank you to all of those who RSVP’d to the survey. As of June 29, we have 364 students confirmed to participate in graduation.
Arrive According to Graduate's Last Name
The timing of the ceremony is designed to promote safety and allow people to follow social distancing guidelines. Please see the chart below for the timing of the ceremony by student last name.
- Last names Abdi through Britting: 9:00-10:00 a.m.
- Last names Brooks through Daniels: 10:00-11:00 a.m.
- Last names Davis through Goerlich: 11:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.
- Breack: 12:00-12:30 p.m.
- Last names Goga through Kamara: 12:30–2:00 p.m.
- Last names Kashish through Marquez: 2:00-3:00 p.m.
- Last names Marshall through Oywak: 3:00–4:00 p.m.
- Last names Paguada through Sanic: 4:00–5:00 p.m.
- Last names Sansaver through Thompson: 5:00-6:00 p.m.
- Last names Tien through Zlamanyuk: 6:00-7:00 p.m.
Students and their families will arrive in a single vehicle at the designated time. We will honor candidates for graduation and provide an opportunity for each student to walk across the stage with four (4) family members watching. Students will receive their diploma cover while wearing their cap and gown. Photos will be taken for the virtual graduation ceremony. Additionally, professional photos of each graduate will be available for purchase.
- Families and students are encouraged to decorate their vehicles. The graduate’s name will be clearly posted in the passenger side window. Families will follow the map above showing where to enter the school grounds and the route to follow.
- Families will drive to a designated area where there will be a stage and a family viewing area.
- Families will remain in the vehicle until told to exit.
- When directed, students will proceed to the stage where they will have their name read aloud and they will walk across the stage to receive their diploma. A professional photographer will be present to take photos.
- Students will receive a Commencement Program to remember this important milestone.
- Families may exit their vehicle to view their student walking across the stage, and they must remain in the area designated for this purpose. Families are not to leave this area.
- Students and families will then re-enter the vehicle and proceed off campus using the designated route.
We are looking forward to this event that celebrates the Class of 2020. If you have any questions, please email Principal Ketover at Samantha.Ketover@kent.k12.wa.us.