KR 2021 Virtual Graduation Highlight Video
KR Class of 2021 Graduation Live Stream
Kentridge Graduation Ceremony Information
The Kentridge Class of 2021 Graduates on June 19
We will celebrate our seniors with an on-campus in-person graduation ceremony!
Similar to last year, the graduation ceremony for the Class of 2021 will be festive and intimate. This allows our school to accommodate the required health and safety guidelines while also providing graduates and families an opportunity to celebrate this important milestone with an in-person ceremony. Graduation photos and videos of the commencement speeches will also be available.
Optional Graduation Celebration
Seniors who have met or are close to meeting all graduation requirements are invited to participate in our senior graduation celebration. The graduation celebration honors our seniors and provides an opportunity for students to walk across a stage and receive their diploma cover while wearing their cap and gown. This walk will be recorded and inserted into a virtual graduation ceremony. Additionally, professional photos will be taken of each scholar and will be available similar to an in-person graduation ceremony.
Students are permitted to bring up to eight family members in a maximum of two cars to share in the celebration. Because of tight corners and narrow roads, limousines and large vans/buses are not allowed.
Our families and students are encouraged to decorate their vehicles for this celebration. If a family does not have access to a vehicle, we will make arrangements to support the student’s participation in this important event. Please contact your school counselor if you need assistance.
In order to ensure we’re able to follow social distancing guidelines, we will spread out the arrival times at the school:
- A-B: 8:00-9:00 a.m.
- C-D: 9:00-10:00 a.m.
- E-Hi: 10:00-11:00 a.m.
- Ho-K: 11:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.
- L-M: 12:00-1:00 p.m.
- N-P: 1:00-2:00 p.m.
- Q-Sl: 2:00-3:00 p.m.
- Sm-V: 3:00-4:00 p.m.
- W-Z: 4:00-5:00 p.m.
To ensure social distancing and making this an efficient process so we can effectively honor our seniors, our families will comply with the following procedures:
- Senior cannot drive; a family member must drive.
- Senior must sit in driver side passenger seat of the first vehicle.
- Students and their families will arrive in 1 or 2 vehicles during the time designated. It is vital that families coordinate so that, if there are two vehicles, they are together.
- The graduate’s name will be clearly posted in the passenger side window.
- Families will drive to a designated area where there will be a stage and a family viewing area.
- Families will remain in the vehicle until told to exit.
- When directed, students will proceed to one of the two stages where they will have their name read aloud and they will walk across the stage to receive their diploma.
- Students will receive two traditional printed Commencement Programs to remember this important milestone.
- Families may exit their vehicle to view their student walking across the stage; they must remain in the area designated for this purpose. Families are not to leave this area.
- Students and families will then quickly re-enter the vehicle and proceed off-campus using the designated route.
Again, this is an optional opportunity for students. Families may choose to use this opportunity or not.
While we are excited for our students and families, we will also continue to place the safety of our students, staff, and community first. This will include continuing to wear masks, remaining in family groups, staying in designated areas, and social distancing.
Virtual Graduation Ceremony
As a culmination of these celebrations, we’re hosting a virtual graduation ceremony. The ceremony will contain many of the same elements as a traditional graduation ceremony, including:
- Speeches from keynote speakers
- Reading of graduate names, accompanied by video footage of graduation walks and/or student photo
- Acceptance of the Class of 2021
- Turning of the tassel
Seniors who have met, or are close to meeting, all graduation requirements will be featured in this Virtual Graduation Ceremony. This pre-recorded celebration will be broadcast at designated times on multiple platforms. The Virtual Graduation will also be made available to seniors and their families.
Optional Picture Backdrops
Kentridge Parent Teacher Student Association (PTSA) is sponsoring an optional picture location for graduates and families. This optional picture area can only be accessed after the student has graduated and walked across the stage.
- This will be on the Kentridge High School Football Fields.
- Families will park in the lower parking lot.
- Graduate and families will be limited to 10 minutes on the field.
- Access to parking is through the lower lot (Pit) entrance.
- Automobiles will be exiting through the upper lot to 208th.
- Masks must be worn before and after taking pictures.
- Social distancing must be observed.