KL 2021 Virtual Graduation Highlight Video
KL Class of 2021 Graduation Live Stream
Kentlake Graduation Ceremony Information
The Kentlake Class of 2021 Graduates on June 18
We will celebrate our seniors with an on-campus in-person graduation ceremony!
Seniors who have met or are close to meeting all graduation requirements are invited to participate in a senior graduation celebration at Kentlake High School on Friday, June 18, 2021, from 11:00 a.m. to 7:30 p.m.
Graduation is a celebration to honor our seniors and allow them the opportunity to walk across the stage to receive their diploma cover while wearing their cap and gown. A maximum of eight (8) family members in no more than two vehicles will be permitted to be in attendance. This walk will be captured and inserted into the virtual graduation ceremony.
In preparation for graduation, we are asking that families sign up for a timeslot for their graduation walk online.
We encourage students to collaborate with their friends to sign up for the same timeslot so that they can experience the celebration together.
Pick Up Graduation Tickets on June 16
In addition, your student will need to attend the Senior Collection Event on June 16 from 11:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. to pick up their graduation car tickets. Each student will receive no more than two tickets with their name on them, along with a vehicle number. These will be placed in the window of your vehicle on the day of graduation.
If the student is unable to pick up their graduation car tickets on this day, they may come to the main entrance of the school on June 17 from 8:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. to pick up their tickets. Only the student can pick up their graduation car tickets. If you have any questions about picking up tickets, please contact Mr. Thompson at Brett.Thompson@kent.k12.wa.us.
To ensure social distancing while honoring our seniors, our families will comply with the following procedures:
- Students and their families will arrive at their designated time. If you are arriving in two vehicles, you must enter the graduation entrance together, one car after the other. Prior to arrival, post the graduate’s car tickets on the driver side window of the vehicles.
- At the entrance, vehicles will turn left into the “Junior Lot” and proceed to the check-in table (yellow star).
- At the check-in table, students will receive a name card. They will write their name phonetically on the card. If desired, the student may identify ONE family member that will hand the student their diploma and write this person’s name on the back of the card. Students will also receive a Commencement Program to remember this important milestone as they exit the campus. Honor cords will be available for students who did not pick them up on June 16. Finally, the student will be assigned a stage - either A or B.
- Students with any cap or gown issues may receive assistance (blue rectangle).
- Families wishing to take photos will park at the designated area in the Junior Lot (green rectangle). We have two photo-ops (yellow circles), one that will include Principal Maurer. Families wishing to skip the photo-ops may proceed in their vehicle to the Grad Walk drop-point (orange dot).
- After the photo-ops families will return to their vehicles and proceed down the hill to the SW corner of the building near the Auto Shop (orange dot) where students will exit the vehicle for their Grad Walk through the building (green arrows). Families will proceed to the pick-up point (light blue dot) where the graduate will return to the vehicle.
- Families will drive to a designated area where they will be directed to one of two stage areas. Graduates, with their name card, and if desired the family member designated to hand the student their diploma, will exit the vehicle and wait in a socially distanced line.
- The remaining family members will stay in the vehicle until directed to exit and proceed to the Family Viewing Area (blue dots) to watch their student walk across the stage. Families must remain in the area designated for this purpose.
- When directed, the designated family member will walk up on the stage with the diploma cover and stand on the farthest “X”. Once the student’s name is read aloud, the graduate will proceed to the stage and stand on the other “X”. The designated family member will hand their graduate their diploma cover, and then the student will continue across the stage. A professional photographer will be present to take photos for a Virtual Graduation Memento.
- Students and families will then re-enter the vehicle and proceed off campus using the designated route.
Health & Safety Requirements
Our school will follow the required health and safety guidelines in alignment with the Washington State Department of Health.
- Masks are required for all attendees. However, the graduate will be able to take her/his mask off while on stage for photos.
- If you are sick, have symptoms of COVID-19, or have been in contact with someone who has been diagnosed with COVID-19, in alignment with the Department of Health, please stay home.
Vehicle Decorations & Access
Our families and students are encouraged to decorate their vehicles. If a family does not have access to a vehicle, we will make arrangements to support the student’s participation in this important event. Please contact me at Heidi.Maurer@Kent.K12.wa.us if you need assistance.
Our student leaders have asked for permission to decorate caps for the ceremony. For the 2021 graduates only, students will be allowed to decorate their caps for their walk-through ceremony.
You may decorate the flat top of the cap without anything hanging off or attached to the side areas of the cap. Please do not use 3D decorations or blinking lights or decorations that will make noise so that we do not disrupt videoing processes.
The following decorations would be appropriate:
- Decorations of cultural or personal significance.
- Thank a parent, grandparent, teacher, or friend.
- Symbols of future plans including college, career, or military service.
- Graduation year.
The following is not allowed:
- Obscene, profane, vulgar, or lewd words or symbols.
- Abbreviations, words, slogans, patches, or pictures that refer to drugs, alcohol, weapons, other controlled substances, gang affiliation, violence, racism, or are sexual in nature.
Kentlake High School
June 18, 2021
Time: Varies by graduate's scheduled arrival time
Location: Kentlake High School
Address: 21401 SE Falcon Way, Kent, WA 98042
Virtual Graduation Video: Watch the KL virtual graduation highlight video
Live Stream: Watch the KL graduation live
Program: Download the KL Graduation Program (PDF)