iGrad is an 'Open Doors' school and must follow eligibility laws established by the Washington State Legislature.
Eligible students include (but are not restricted to):
- Students living both inside and outside Kent School District boundaries
- Students who have dropped out of high school
- Students who have never enrolled in high school
- Students who are homeless
- Special Education students
- English Language Learners
- Students who have been expelled or suspended
- have not yet met high school graduation requirements
- must be 16-20 years old on September 1 of the current school year. In 2018-19, eligible students are born after 9/1/1997 and on or before 9/1/2002. Once eligible, students may continue enrollment through August after they turn 21.
One of the following must also be true:
- Student is 366+ days past his/her original graduation date OR
- Student is significantly credit deficient* OR
--case managers from the Department of Social Services--the juvenile justice system--district approved school personnel (such as a counselor or administrator)--staff from community agencies which provide educational advocacy servicesRecommendation Form is available here.
- Student has been recommended for enrollment by one of the agencies listed below because it has been determined that the students' unique needs cannot be met by attendance at a traditional high school. Recommendations may be made by:
Follow these steps to calculate credit deficiency ratio:For students who have been continually enrolled in high school:Divide the total high school credits earned by the total high school credits attemptedFor students who were not enrolled in every available semester:Divide the total high school credits earned by the total credits that the student had the opportunity to earnStudents attending a school that offers 6 classes per day usually have the opportunity to earn 3.0 credits each semester.Graduation Year
Required Credit Deficiency September - January February - July 2022n / a
Fewer than 1.95 credits
2021Credits earned divided by credits attempted must be less than 0.65Fewer than 3.9 credits
Fewer than 5.85 credits
2020Credits earned divided by credits attempted must be less than 0.70Fewer than 8.4 credits
Fewer than 10.5 credits
2019Credits earned divided by credits attempted must be less than 0.75Fewer than 13.5 credits
Fewer than 15.75 credits
2018Credits earned divided by credits attempted must be less than 0.75Fewer than 18.0 credits
Fewer than 20.25 credits
2017 and earlierAutomatically EligibleIf you have questions about eligibility, please don't hesitate to contact us.