2020-2021 School Year
2020-2021 New Student Enrollment
Kent School District (KSD) is still enrolling new students in grades 1-12 for the current 2020-2021 school year through an online process.
If you are enrolling a new kindergarten student for the 2020-2021 school year, please follow the kindergarten registration process.
Step 1: Find Your School
Families must register new students in their boundary school. Please call our Transportation team at (253) 373-7442 to confirm your current boundary school.
Step 2: Complete & Return the Enrollment Packet Electronically
Download the enrollment packet for grades 1-12 in your preferred language.
- English: 2020-2021 New Student Enrollment Packet Grades 1-12 (PDF)
- Spanish: 2020-2021 Grados 1-12 Formularios de inscripción (PDF)
Complete the fillable enrollment packet electronically and email completed forms to email@example.com.
- Click the blue underlined text to open the enrollment packet in Adobe Acrobat and save it to your device. If you don’t have it already, download Adobe Acrobat for free online.
- Fill in the enrollment packet electronically and save the completed document to your device.
- Email your completed enrollment packet as an attachment to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include your student’s name, grade level, and address in the email.
Step 3: Wait to Hear from the School
Once your email is received, we will send your enrollment materials to your boundary school. The school will contact you with more information regarding the start date and class information.
Step 4: Prepare Verification Documents
When school buildings reopen, please be prepared with one of the following documents for student identification/proof of age and proof of address.
Lack of documents should not be a barrier to school enrollment. If you are unable to present these documents, please have a conversation with the school or contact Student and Family Support Services at (253) 373-7235.
Student Identification and Proof of Age
- Birth certificate, or
- Passport, or
- State identification (ID) card, or
- When a form of legal identification/proof of age is not available, other methods such as physician notes, hospital records, previous school records, or entries in a family bible which includes the student’s name and birthdate can be used.
Proof of Address
- Lease or purchase agreement, or
- Utility bill (cable, electricity, water, or home telephone) not more than one month old.
Kent School District maintains the right to ask for additional documents if there is a concern about any document used to establish an address. See Policy and Procedure 3110 and 3110P for more information.
The Office of the Superintendent of Public Education has developed a guide to help parents understand their child’s enrollment options in the state of Washington.