Kent School District
Goal 1: Prepare all students to be college and career ready
We have 42 schools and academies.
- 28 elementary schools
- 6 middle schools
- 4 high schools
- 3 academies
- 1 early learning center
We serve 25,416 students.
We are proud of our diversity.
- 51.8% of our students are male
- 48.2% of our students are female
- 48.8% of our students qualify for Free or Reduced Lunch
- 21.1% of our students are learning the English language
- 11.4% of our students have disabilities
- 33.7% of our students are White
- 22.6% of our students are Hispanic/Latino of any race(s)
- 19.1% of our students are Asian
- 11.9% of our students are Black/African American
- 9.7% of our students are two or more races
- 2.6% of our students are Native Hawaiian/other Pacific Islander
- 0.3% of our students are American Indian/Alaskan Native
Our families speak more than 130 languages.
Top Five Languages
- Class of 2018 Four-Year Graduation Rate: 83.7%
- Class of 2017 Four-Year Graduation Rate: 79.3%
- Class of 2016 Four-Year Graduation Rate: 78.8%
Goal 2: Engage in two-way communication
- We have 2,723 approved volunteers.
- We have more than 600 partnerships with community and faith-based organizations and businesses supporting students and families in our district.
We serve approximately 19,000 families in roughly 72 square miles.
- Black Diamond
- Maple Valley
- Unincorporated King County
Goal 3: Create effective organizational systems
We operate a $452,655,774 budget.
Laptop to Student Ratio
- Grades K-6 have a 1.7:1 ratio.
- Grades 7-11 have a 1:1 ratio.
- Grade 12 has a 1:1 ratio.
Goal 4: Develop, retain a diverse, premier workforce
Student to Teacher Ratios
Extra assistance is available to teachers when enrollment exceeds target class sizes.
- 1 teacher to 23 students in grades K-3
- 1 teacher to 27 students in grades 4-6
- 1 teacher to 30 students in grades 7-8
- 1 teacher to 32 students grades 9-12
Most of this information is taken from our district's 2017-2018 OSPI Washington State Report Card and will be updated as soon as it is released.