Our schools belong to our community and are available for rent. Find a description of the types of user groups who may use Kent School District facilities in Board Procedure 4260P, section 2.0.
Our facilities may not be rented for weddings, receptions, parties, or similar events.
Application and Approval Process
Application processing may take up to ten days.
Step 1: Contact the school whose facility you are interested in using to check for availability.
Step 2: Obtain an Application and Permit for Use of School Facilities form available online or from the school you wish to use.
Your application and certificate of liability insurance must be submitted to the requested school 10 days prior to the first use of the facility.
You may submit one application for a series of stated meetings of like character within a quarter (not for the whole school year).
- Fall (September-November) applications will be accepted after August 1.
- Winter (December-February) applications will be accepted after November 1.
- Spring (March-April) applications will be accepted after February 1.
- Summer (June-August) applications will be accepted after May 1.
Step 3: Submit your completed application to the school you wish to use for the principal to review.
- If your application is approved, the school will forward the application to the Kent School District Athletics and Activities team for further review.
- If your application is not approved, the school will return it to you with the reason(s) why.
Step 4: Approved applications will be reviewed by the Kent School District Athletics and Activities team.
- We will review your application for policy compliance.
- We will determine facility use charges and email you the estimate and confirmation.
- With final authorization of the application, we will send your approved application back to the school and distribute it to our security, operations, and business teams.
According to Board Procedure 4260P, Section 2.0, your organization may be responsible for the facility use rate, utility fees and labor fees.
A custodian is required for weekend or after hours use. The rate is $42.25 per hour and must include thirty minutes before your event and thirty minutes after your event.
Information Technology (IT)
An IT specialist may be required or requested. The rate is $55.00 per hour with a two-hour minimum.
A nutrition services staff member is required if you will be using the stoves/oven. The rate is $33.45 per hour with a two-hour minimum.
A security officer may be required or requested. The rate is $46.60 per hour with a two-hour minimum.
A utility charge will be applied when the buildings HVAC system is operated on non-school days or after the building’s HVAC system has been set to night operation. The charge for elementary schools is $5.00 per hour, middle school is $7.00 per hour and high school is $8.00 per hour.
French Field, located at Kent-Meridian High School, is a commonly requested venue for activities. If you are interested in renting French Field, please contact us at (253) 373-7613.
For rental of the turf fields at Kentridge, Kentlake or Kentwood, complete a Turf Field Use Application and return it to the school.
View turf field rental rates.
Performing Arts Center Use Application
If you would like to use a Performing Arts Center, please complete the Performing Arts Center Use Application and return it to the school.
The Kent School District requires a Certificate of Liability Insurance with the following requirements:
- $1,000,000 of General Liability.
- Kent School District listed as Additional Insured
- Kent School District listed as the Certificate Holder.
For-profit groups that rent our schools and/or the Performing Art Centers will need $5,000,000 of general liability.
Head Injury & Sudden Cardiac Arrest Compliance Form
The Head Injury & Sudden Cardiac Arrest Compliance Form is only required for student athletic activities and acknowledges your understanding of applicable health risks.
Alcoholic beverages, illegal drugs, controlled substances, use of tobacco products, and weapons are prohibited on Kent School District properties.
Glenridge Elementary School
19405 120th Avenue SE
Kent, Washington 98031
Phone: (253) 373-7494
Fax: (253) 373-7495