The Springbrook school library has some exciting opportunities in store for your student this year!
- Our program will be promoting the very best of children’s literature, including the winners of the Washington Children’s Choice Picture Book Awards. Library activities are being designed to help students enjoy the stories even more.
- We will be working with your child's teacher to enhance what they are learning in the classroom focusing on monthly themes or specific areas of concentration.
- We will be doing all we can to get (or keep) your children “hooked on reading” by recommending specific reading materials to each individual.
- We will add new titles this year of the latest and most exciting new books for young readers, including quality non-fiction to help meet the Common Core requirements.
- At each grade level, students will be learning research and computer skills specifically suited to their developmental needs.
- We will be working with classroom teachers to help them find materials suited to the individual interests and abilities of your child.
- Library lessons will stress good Digital Citizenship, helping your child make safe and ethical decisions when using the Internet.
- We have a lot of special events being planned, including a book fair, Family Reading Night, and reading contests –like the always-popular Battle of the Books!
During the next few library visits, your child will receive a “Library Contract” which will outline our library rules. Please make sure to check for this so that you may also sign this important contract.
Our staff is ready and excited about this coming year and is committed to making the library your child’s favorite place in the school!
All the best,
Your Springbrook Library Staff
Dr. Darryn Hewson Kristin Loehrmann
Librarian Library Para
PS - If you would like to volunteer to help in the library, please let us know. We’d love to have you!