Parent Academy for Student Achievement
We are committed to successfully preparing all students for their futures by connecting families, schools, and community as partners to advance the education of every child through parent engagement. The PASA program is a highly sought after program that our school district is fortunate to offer. We are enthusiastic about the program's success and we are looking forward to parents participating in the 9-week program.
Parent Academy for Student Achievement is working to create a community in which parents and teachers collaborate to transform the child's educational environment, both at home and at school, so that all children can achieve their greatest academic potential and be prepared for their futures.
To encourage and support K-12 Kent School District diverse families to take a participatory role in their children's education by:
- Navigating the K-12 school system
- Engaging and collaborating with teachers, counselors and principals
- Encouraging high school and college graduation
- Increasing parent cognition
- Increasing parent connections
- Increasing parent self-efficacy
- Increasing parent capacity