Free & Reduced-Price Meals
Since the beginning of the pandemic, the United States Department of Agriculture (USDA) has allowed meals to be provided to students at no cost to families. The waivers that allowed for this practice expired on June 30, 2022. As a result, the district will start charging fees again for meals starting in the 2022-23 school year.
Community Eligibility Provision (CEP)
Kent School district has 14 schools that are eligible to participate in CEP this year. Parents and guardians of students in CEP schools do not have to fill out the usual free and reduced lunch application, but are asked to complete an income survey in order to ensure their child's school qualifies for federal and state funding that is determined by parent income levels. Meals will be served to all students in CEP schools for free regardless of free and reduced status.
- Daniel Elementary
- East Hill Elementary
- Kent Elementary
- Millennium Elementary
- Meadow Ridge Elementary
- Neely O' Brien Elementary
- Panther Lake Elementary
- Park Orchard Elementary
- Pine Tree Elementary
- River Ridge Elementary
- Springbrook Elementary
- Scenic Hill Elementary
- Kent-Meridian High School
- Mill Creek Middle School
Apply for Meal Benefits Each School Year
We participate in the National School Lunch and School Breakfast programs sponsored by the United States Department of Agriculture (USDA). Breakfast and lunch are available at no cost for all students that qualify for free or reduced priced meals.
We are encouraging families to complete an online application. By completing a free and reduced meal application, students and families may be eligible for additional benefits and schools can receive funding.
- Families may receive waived or decreased fees to participate in other school programs.
- Schools receive funding based on the number of free and reduced qualified applicants. By completing a free and reduced meal application, you will be helping your school obtain funding.
The online application through MealAppNow only takes a few minutes and is the fastest, easiest way to get approved.
Print a paper application:
- 2022-2023 Household Application for Free and Reduced-Priced Meals (.docx)
- 2022-2023 Solicitud Familiar para Precios de Comidas Gratuito y Reducido (.docx)
If you would like to have a paper application mailed to you, please contact KSD Nutrition Services.
- Call (253) 373-7275
- Email NutritionServicesOffice@kent.k12.wa.us
Return a completed paper application using the drop-box located at the main entrance of the Kent School District Administration Center (12033 SE 256th Street, Kent) or mail to:
Kent School District
Attention: Nutrition Services
12033 SE 256th Street, Building E
Kent, WA 98030
Please allow 10 business days for paper application processing once it has been received.
Find Out if You Qualify
Complete an application if any of the following apply:
- Your total household income is the same or less than the amount for your household size in the Household Income Guidelines table below.
- Your household receives Basic Food, takes part in the Food Distribution Program on Indian Reservations (FDPIR)
- You are applying for a foster child that is under the legal responsibility of a foster care agency or court.
- You received free and reduced-price meals during the last school year.