Free & Reduced-Price Meals
Apply for Meal Benefits Each School Year
We participate in the National School Lunch and School Breakfast programs sponsored by the United States Department of Agriculture (USDA). Breakfast and lunch are available at no cost for all students for the 2021-2022 school year.
We are encouraging families to complete an online application for free meals even though meals are free this year. By completing a free and reduced meal application, students and families may be eligible for additional benefits and schools can receive funding.
- Families may receive waived or decreased fees to participate in other school programs.
- Families may receive PEBT benefits – USDA is working on a 2021-22 pandemic EBT and is encouraging families to complete an online application for free and reduced meals.
- Schools receive funding based on the number of free and reduced qualified applicants. By completing a free and reduced meal application, you will be helping your school obtain funding.
The online application through MealAppNow only takes a few minutes and is the fastest, easiest way to get approved.
Print a paper application:
- 2021-2022 Household Application for Free and Reduced-Priced Meals
- Solicitud del hogar 2021-2022 gratis y reducido
If you would like to have a paper application mailed to you, please contact KSD Nutrition Services.
- Call (253) 373-7275
- Email NutritionServicesOffice@kent.k12.wa.us
Return a completed paper application using the drop-box located at the main entrance of the Kent School District Administration Center (12033 SE 256th Street, Kent) or mail to:
Kent School District
Attention: Nutrition Services
12033 SE 256th Street, Building E
Kent, WA 98030
Please allow 10 business days for paper application processing once it has been received.
Find Out if You Qualify
Complete an application if any of the following apply:
- Your total household income is the same or less than the amount for your household size in the Household Income Guidelines table below.
- Your household receives Basic Food, takes part in the Food Distribution Program on Indian Reservations (FDPIR)
- You are applying for a foster child that is under the legal responsibility of a foster care agency or court.
- You received free and reduced-price meals during the last school year.