Free & Reduced-Price Meals
Apply for Meal Benefits Each School Year
We Participate in the National School Lunch and School Breakfast programs sponsored by the United States Department of Agriculture (USDA). Breakfast and lunch are available at no cost or at a reduced price for qualifying students.
Families must reapply each school year. Students who were on the program in the previous school year must submit an application within 30 days of the start of the new school year to avoid a gap in benefits.
The online application through MealAppNow only takes a few minutes and is the fastest, easiest way to get approved.
Print a paper application:
- 2020-2021 Household Application for Free and Reduced-Priced Meals
- Solicitud del hogar 2020-2021 gratis y reducido
If you would like to have a paper application mailed to you, please contact KSD Nutrition Services.
- Call (253) 373-7275
- Email NutritionServicesOffice@kent.k12.wa.us
Return a completed paper application using the drop-box located at the main entrance of the Kent School District Administration Center (12033 SE 256th Street, Kent) or mail to:
Kent School District
Attention: Nutrition Services
12033 SE 256th Street, Building E
Kent, WA 98030
Please allow 10 business days for paper application processing once it has been received.
Find Out if You Qualify
Complete an application if any of the following apply:
- Your total household income is the same or less than the amount for your household size in the Household Income Guidelines table below.
- Your household receives Basic Food, takes part in the Food Distribution Program on Indian Reservations (FDPIR)
- You are applying for a foster child that is under the legal responsibility of a foster care agency or court.
- You received free and reduced-price meals during the last school year.