Career and Technical Education Advisory Committees
Career and Technical Education (CTE) advisory committees advise, assist and provide support and advocacy for quality CTE programs. Advisory committee volunteers have the opportunity to learn more about the CTE program, and the instructors are able to increase their understanding of the job market, employers' needs and community opportunities.
CTE Advisory Committees
- Provide information to update, modify, expand and improve the quality of programs.
- Support and strengthen the partnerships between business, labor, the community and education.
- Make recommendations that will strengthen and expand the CTE curriculum and provide assistance in implementing these recommendations.
- Identify and validate academic and occupational competencies, determining priorities and review and evaluate programs.
- Communicate long-term goals and objectives of the CTE programs to students, parents, employers, and the community.
- Committees meet 2-3 times per year and are often invited to participate in student leadership events.
KSD CTE Advisory Committee
- American Sign Language
- Business Education/Computer Science
- Career Center
- Environmental Science
- Family and Consumer Sciences/Culinary Arts
- Health Careers
- Theatre-Media Technology
- Visual Communications
Interested in serving on a CTE Advisory Committee? Please submit a CTE Advisory Committee Interest form.