The Multidisciplinary Identification Committee will meet to identify students who will receive HiCap services in the 2023-2024 school year.
The Multidisciplinary Identification Committee is made up of teachers, principals, a school psychologist, and district Highly Capable program staff. In accordance with state requirements, the committee makes identification decisions for services using multiple objective criteria to identify students who are among the most highly capable.
Decision letters (identification or non-identification) will be mailed to all families of referred students by April 3 for grades 1,2,3 & 4 and by April 28, 2023 for grades 5-11
- Kindergarten: January 2023
- Grades 1-4: March 2023
- Grades 5-11: April 2023
Acceptance and Appeal Deadline
The families of all referred students must accept or appeal the HiCap decision by:
- Kindergarten: January 27, 2023
- Grades 1-4: April 28, 2023
- Grades 5-11: May 8, 2023
- If the student was identified for HiCap, the family must return signed acceptance letters to begin services.
- If the student was not identified for HiCap, the family may submit an appeal form.
The Multidisciplinary Selection Committee will review all appeals on May 15, 2023 and communicate the decision in writing to families by May 17, 2023.