Seniors: Need to Know
Josten's Graduation ItemsSeniors, you can shop for all your graduation needs, and show your Kentwood pride with custom school apparel, letterman's jackets, graduation announcements, and gifts.The cap, gown, tassel and stole package is $55. Please reach out to the counseling department if you are in need of purchase assistance.Contact Mike Annis with any questions:(206) 931-4723
The commencement ceremony will be held at:
There is no cost for graduation tickets. Each graduate will receive 10 FREE tickets for Commencement. These tickets will be distributed during lunches the week of June 5, as students are cleared for High School and Beyond Plan, fines and credits. The limited number of tickets is due to seating restrictions at ShoWare. Those graduates who feel they need additional tickets are encouraged to talk to fellow graduates who may not need their full allotment.
Parking is free at the ShoWare site as well as the Park and Ride across the street. Other parking areas are at the Regional Justice Center parking structure and other areas downtown Kent. Spots at ShoWare will fill up so please plan on using the Park and Ride or other areas.
Please see the Graduation Guide for more information on ShoWare policies, graduation attire, and more.For additional information regarding Kentwood Graduation, please contact Kentwood Activities Coordinator Lindsey Duerre at 253-373-4771 or via email email@example.com
Prom Venue Info
Prom will be held at:
The Museum of Pop Culture (MoPop)
325 5th Ave N, Seattle, WA 98109
Friday, May 3, 8pm - 11pm
Prom ticket rules and procedures
Purchasing Kentwood Prom tickets
- Only KW Seniors may purchase prom tickets (1 guest per senior)
- All fines must be cleared to purchase a ticket
- You must have completed your HSBP and have a ticket that shows you are cleared (Pick these up in the Athletic or Activities Office before purchasing your Prom ticket at the Cashier’s window)
- KW Seniors that are bringing a guest that does not attend KW will need to have a completed guest form when they purchase their tickets along with the guest’s first and last name.
- Name changes will not be allowed after your tickets are purchased.
Kentwood MoPop Prom Dance Rules
- Guest must be 9th grader or older. **No guest older than 20 years old will be allowed
- No admittance after 10:30 p.m.
- No one will be allowed to re-enter the dance after leaving.
- All students attending must present a Kentwood ASB/ID card at the door of the dance. All guests must have photo ID with date of birth or a current high school ASB/ID card in order to be admitted.
- Students must remain in the designated museum areas or the main dance area. Students in other areas will be asked to leave.
- No substitutions of persons named on the dance list. Only the person whose name is written on the dance list will be admitted.
- No bags allowed other than clutch style bags no larger than 5"x 8" can be carried and will be searched upon entry to the dance.
- All personal items will be coat checked and may not be retrieved until departing the venue.
- Shoes must be worn at all times.
Submit by October 31, 2023
Senior portraits are due to the yearbook staff by Tuesday, October 31st, 2023
Senior portraits must meet all requirements in order to be published correctly.
- 1.75 inches tall by 1.25 inches wide or proportional to those dimensions
- The student's head must be 1 inch tall
- A head and shoulders shot - we will not accept full-body shots
- Photos will be printed in color so any background is fine
A hard-copy print or digital file may be submitted as long as electronic photos are 300 DPI or higher, and cropped to the correct dimensions. You may e-mail digital photos to Kdubyearbook@gmail.com. Please follow our specific instructions to have your senior’s portrait published correctly.
The deadline to submit a senior portrait is Tuesday, October 31st, 2023. If a senior portrait is not submitted, we will use the senior’s ASB school photo. If a school photo is not available, the student will be listed as “not pictured.”
For more information, please visit the Kentwood Yearbook Page.Let a graduating senior know how special they are to you by purchasing a full-color memory marker in the 2023-2024 Kentwood yearbook! More information can be found on the Senior Memory Marker Page
Kentwood PTSA Senior Celebration Party
For more information on The Kentwood Senior Celebration Party (formerly known as Grad Night), please visit the Kentwood PTSA website.