Seniors: Need to Know
Grad Ticket Info
Each graduate will receive 8 tickets for commencement. Graduation tickets will be distributed during the week of June 6 before school, after school and during lunches. All fines and fees must be paid prior to picking up your tickets. *An additional two tickets may be available the week of graduation at a cost of $5 per ticket.
The commencement ceremony will be held at:
Parking is free at the ShoWare site as well as the Park and Ride across the street. Other parking areas are at the Regional Justice Center parking structure and other areas downtown Kent. Spots at ShoWare will fill up so please plan on using the Park and Ride or other areas.
Please see the Graduation Guide for more information on ShoWare policies, graduation attire, and more.
Prom Venue Info
Prom will be held at:
The Museum of Pop Culture (MoPop)
325 5th Ave N, Seattle, WA 98109
Friday, May 27th, 8pm - 11pm
Prom ticket rules and procedures
Purchasing Kentwood Prom tickets
- Only KW Seniors may purchase prom tickets (1 guest per senior)
- KW Seniors can make only one purchase of a couple’s ticket for $60.00 or a single ticket for $30.00. You may NOT change your ticket to a couplesticket after purchasing a single ticket. pleaseplan accordingly.
- All fines must be cleared to purchase a ticket
- You must have completed your HSBP and have a ticket that shows you are cleared (Pick these up in the Athletic or Activities Office before purchasing your Prom ticket at the Cashier’s window)
- KW Seniors that are bringing a guest that does not attend KW will need to have a completed guest form when they purchase their tickets along with the guest’s first and last name.
- Name changes will not be allowed after your tickets are purchased.
Kentwood MoPop Prom Dance Rules
- Guest must be 9th grader or older. **No guest older than 20 years old will be allowed
- No admittance after 10:30 p.m.
- No one will be allowed to re-enter the dance after leaving.
- All students attending must present a Kentwood ASB/ID card at the door of the dance. All guests must have photo ID with date of birth or a current high school ASB/ID card in order to be admitted.
- Students must remain in the designated museum areas or the main dance area. Students in other areas will be asked to leave.
- No substitutions of persons named on the dance list. Only the person whose name is written on the dance list will be admitted.
- No bags allowed other than clutch style bags no larger than 5"x 8" can be carried and will be searched upon entry to the dance.
- All personal items will be coat checked and may not be retrieved until departing the venue.
- Shoes must be worn at all times.
Grad Breakfast & Rehearsal
All seniors walking at the graduation ceremony are required to attend the graduation rehearsal in the Kentwood Main Gym Friday, June 10th, 8:00am - 10:30am. All fines must be cleared prior to rehearsal in order to participate. You must attend the full rehearsal. Students who are late risk not participating in the graduation ceremony. Running start students with finals at that time of rehearsal need to make other arrangements ahead of time with Mrs. Duerre firstname.lastname@example.org