COVID-19 School Closures During the 2021-22 School Year
Closure of a classroom after consultation with Public Health will be considered when:
- Two or more students or staff in the same room/area test positive for COVID-19
- The cases have symptoms that start within 14 days of each other
- The cases are not associated with one another in another setting (household, club, etc.)
A COVID-19 outbreak in a school is considered when the following have been met:
- There are two or more COVID-19 cases among students or staff.
- The cases have a symptom onset or positive test result within a 14-day period of each other.
- The cases are epidemiologically linked.
- The cases do not share a household.
- The cases are not identified as close contacts of each other in another setting during the investigation.
What happens when a classroom or school is closed?
- Learn more on our Return Safely page.
The School Status Map shows the current status of individual KSD schools.
KSD COVID-19 Cases Dashboard
Please note that the 2021-22 KSD COVID-19 Dashboard data table represents the COVID-19 cases for students and staff in KSD since October 1, 2021; this date coincides with the transition to the new database being used by our KSD Contact Tracing staff hired and trained in September.
Historical case information from April 2021, when in-person student activities and hybrid learning began, through September 30, 2021, is also available on our website.
Click an Icon to See School Status
Schools offering in-person learning, programs and services.
Open schools with at least one closed classroom.
Schools temporarily closed due to COVID-19 activity.