Extracurricular Fee Waiver
Kent School District (KSD) is committed to ensuring participation in optional, non-credit, extracurricular activities is available to all students regardless of family income. Washington State Legislature House Bill 1660 requires school districts to waive attendance or participation fees for eligible students in all grade levels. A Family Activity Card will be mailed to families that qualify for free and reduced-price meals. The Family Activity Card allows the parents/guardians and their elementary age and younger children to enter KSD sponsored events for free or at a reduced rate. Be sure to complete an online free and reduced-price meal application to determine if you are eligible.
Student Fees Eligible for Waiver
Eligible students with a completed fee waiver on file do not have to pay fees for:
- Associated Student Body (ASB) card designation
- Entrance fees for home games or ASB events
- ASB club dues or membership fees
- Entrance fees for ASB field trips
- Registration or transportation fees for ASB travel
- Required uniforms for ASB sports or clubs (may be required to return after use or be subject to fine)
Student Fees Not Eligible for Waiver
- Booster and/or Parent Teacher Association (PTA) fundraisers s & activities
- Concessions or Student Store
- Curricular activities (class fees, testing, etc.)
- Entrance fees for away games or ASB events
- Fines (option to volunteer)
- Optional or suggested uniform items
- Parking (not ASB)
- Replacement supplies
- Spirit wear and other optional apparel
- Yearbooks and senior ads
Kent School District will identify eligible students and automatically apply the fee waiver each school year based on a qualifying and completed application for Free & Reduced-Price Meals, including a consent to share eligibility status:
Frequently Asked Fee Waiver Questions
How do I find out if my family is eligible for the waiver and which application should I complete?
When will the fee waiver be available for each school year?
How often do I have to apply for the waiver?
Which student fees are eligible for the waiver?
Which student fees are not eligible for the waiver?
What is House Bill 1660?