Health & Safety Protocols
Health & Safety is Our Highest Priority
Kent School District will continue to partner with and follow the guidance of local and state authorities.
- Public Health - Seattle & King County
- Office of Superintendent of Public Instruction (OSPI)
- Washington State Department of Health (DOH)
Students and staff will wear face coverings in all KSD schools, buildings, and busses unless they have a medical reason not to wear one.
- Students and staff are encouraged and provided time to wash/sanitize their hands regularly.
- Handwashing stations with soap and/or hand sanitizer are available in classrooms.
- Buses will load from back to front before school and based on stop location after school.
- Bus windows will be open to allow for maximum airflow.
- Bus drivers will disinfect busses twice per day.
- Desks will be facing forward and spaced further apart to ensure a minimum of 3 feet distance between students.
- There will be no large gatherings such as assemblies and dances.
- Schools are working with daily schedules to stagger recesses, and other transition times to minimize student group interaction.
- Schools follow disinfection guidelines developed by DOH and Public Health for school campuses, including classrooms, workspaces, outdoor spaces, and playgrounds.
- Schools will limit the sharing of supplies between students and disinfect between uses if sharing is unavoidable.
Families & Visitors
- Families and visitors have limited access to school campuses.
- Everyone must wear face coverings while on school grounds unless they have a medical reason not to wear one.
- Anyone entering the school building for longer than 15 minutes must complete a health screening, including assessing themselves for a fever.
Wearing Masks to School
Transportation During Hybrid Learning
Last Modified on April 7, 2021