CTE Dual Credit
Earn College Credits for High School CTE Courses
Kent School District (KSD) students in grades 9-12 taking select Career and Technical Education (CTE) courses have the opportunity to earn high school and college credit at the same time.
Colleges award credit based on the high school articulation agreement in place during the year the student completed the course with a grade of “C” or higher.
The student must follow the college’s individual process to apply for dual credit.
Green River College
- Apply for admission to Green River College for free. Once your application is processed you will receive a Green River student identification (ID) number and email address.
- Request an official (sealed) transcript from your high school. Have it mailed to Enrollment Services, Green River College, 12401 SE 320th Street, Auburn, WA 98092.
- Complete the Green River College Transcription Request Form (PDF) and email it to email@example.com. Allow 2-3 weeks for processing.
- You will receive a notification in your Green River email account after your dual credit courses have been evaluated and transcribed.
- Request an official transcript from Green River. Allow two weeks for processing.
- Apply for admission to Highline College for free. Once your application is processed, you will receive a Highline student identification (ID) number and email address.
- Email Mary Willoughby at firstname.lastname@example.org and indicate you are applying for college credit for your high school CTE course(s). Include your Highline ID number and email address in the email.
- Request an official (sealed) transcript from your high school. Have it mailed to Mary Willoughby, Highline College, PO Box 98000, Des Moines, WA 98198.
- Complete the Highline College Dual Credit Student Request Form. Allow 2-3 weeks for processing.
- Mary Willoughby will email you when your college transcript is ready.
Renton Technical College (RTC)
Request dual credit through Renton Technical College (RTC) within two years of high school graduation.
- Apply for admission to Renton Technical College for free. Once your application is processed, you will receive an RTC student identification (ID) number.
- Request an official (sealed) transcript from your high school. Have it mailed to Joyce Nicholas, Renton Technical College, 3000 NE Fourth Street, Renton, WA 98056.
- Complete the RTC Dual Credit Student Request Form. Allow 2-3 weeks for processing.
If you have questions about the CTE dual credit process at RTC, please email Faye Watanabe at email@example.com.
Dual Credit Classes
- Accounting I-II
- Accounting III-IV
- Advanced Java Programming
- American Sign Language (KR)
- AP Computer Science
- AP Macroeconomics
- AP Microeconomics
- AP Psychology
- Automotive Technology I-IV
- Business English
- Business Math I-II
- Careers in Culinary Arts I-IV
- Careers in Education Internship
- Computer Applications I
- Computer Applications II
- Computer Essentials
- Culinary Arts Prep I-IV
- Culinary Arts Serve I-IV
- Digital Design I-II
- Early Childhood Internship
- Exploring Childhood
- Financial Algebra
- Furniture Construction
- Game Programming
- Graphic Arts I-IV
- Introduction to Forensics
- Introduction to Java Programming
- Marketing I-VI
- Marketing Operations
- Police Science
- Professional Cabinetmaking
- Welding I-VI