GEAR UP Achievers
Translate This Content
Our website can be translated into more than 100 languages using Google Translate. Follow step-by-step instructions to translate our website on your computer or mobile device.
Available at Kent-Meridian, Kentridge, Kentwood High Schools
Kent School District (KSD) and the University of Washington (UW) Office of Minority Affairs & Diversity (OMA&D) have partnered to bring the GEAR UP Achievers program to three KSD high schools from 2019 through 2024.
Support Through High School & Beyond
Each school’s GEAR UP success specialist will offer resources and support to this group of students through 2024-2025 as they transition from middle to high school, graduate from high school, and enter post-secondary education.
- Support during ninth grade in 2020-2021
- Support during tenth grade in 2021-2022
- Support during eleventh grade in 2022-2023
- Support during twelfth grade in 2023-2024
- Support during the first year of post-secondary education in 2024-2025
GEAR UP Achievers students and families can count on:
- Academic tutoring, mentoring, and/or after school programs.
- Support in understanding the cost of post-secondary education and how to pay with financial aid, scholarships, grants, work student, and more.
- College visits, worksite visits, summer programming and more each year to help students prepare for post-secondary education and explore career pathways.
- Assistance in understanding how to support their student’s educational goals and career aspirations.
- Assistance with the College Bound Scholarship for eligible students. We will make sure students are signed up and taking the necessary steps to remain eligible.
Learn more about the GEAR UP Achievers program on the UW website or contact your school's GEAR UP success specialist.
For general Kent School District GEAR UP Achievers questions or comments, contact us at Gearup.Achievers@kent.k12.wa.us.