2020-2021 Back to School Reopening Plan
The Kent School District (KSD) 2020-2021 Back to School Reopening Plan (PDF) was created by the Back to School Taskforce and approved by the Kent School Board in August 2020 to plan for three scenarios for the school year.
- All Students Physically in School Buildings Plan (PDF) Current as of August 3, 2020
- Revised Hybrid Plan (PDF) Current as of February 1, 2021
- Continuous Remote Learning 2.0 Plan (PDF) Current as of August 3, 2020
The Revised Hybrid Plan (PDF) for returning to in-person instruction was updated on February 1, 2021, to align with state and federal guidelines as the COVID-19 pandemic continues to evolve. Students will return to KSD buildings in April following this latest hybrid plan.
Documents & Resources
The details in the Reoping Plan and appendices are subject to change as directives from governing authorities, health officials, or public health conditions determine.
- Digital Learning Toolkit
- KSD All Students Back in School Plan from August 12, 2020 (PDF)
- KSD Revised Hybrid Plan from February 1, 2021 (PDF)
- KSD Remote Learning Plan from August 13, 2020 (PDF)
- OSPI Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19) Guidance & Resources
- Presumptive-Confirmed Positive COVID-19 Case Protocol (PDF) revised November 2020
- Student Registration, Enrolling for 2020-2021 School Year
- Skyward Family Access Support
- Volunteers in Public Schools (VIPS) Information & Protocols (PDF)
- Washington Interscholastic Activities Association (WIAA) Updates and Guidelines
- KSD COVID-19 Site Supervisor
- Checklist Businesses Suspected Confirmed Cases COVID-19 - DOH (PDF)
- Employer visitor screening guidance - DOH (PDF)
- Fall Guidance K-12 - DOH
- Key indicators of COVID-19 activity in King County (Dashboard)
- Department of Health Return to School/Work Guidance Symptom Screen for COVID-19
- Frequently Asked Technology Questions
The Board presentation and track changes to the documents posted on August 3, 2020, are available on BoardDocs.