Continuous Learning for Grades K-6
- Offer virtual instruction and/or posted lessons on Monday, Tuesday, and Thursday.
- Take student attendance once a week based on student contact.
- Grade student work according to the KSD Grading Guidelines During COVID Closure.
- Be available during set office hours on Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday. Please check with your teacher for their office hours.
- Use Wednesdays and remaining work hours for planning, collaboration, and professional learning.
- Make contact every week. Learn more about student attendance.
- Complete lessons posted by their teachers at their own pace throughout the week.
Daily Student Commitment
We are following recommendations from the Office of the Superintendent of Public Instruction (OSPI) to set daily maximums for instructional time.
- Preschool: 30 minutes
- Grades K-1: 45 minutes
- Grades 2-3: 60 minutes
- Grades 4-6: 90 minutes
Recommended Instruction Schedule
Teachers will offer virtual instruction or posted lessons on Monday, Tuesday, and Thursday based on the recommended weekly schedule.
- Virtual Instruction: Students participate in virtual instruction provided by the teacher.
- Posted Lessons: Students work individually, teacher available for office hours.
Start times may vary by elementary school and instructional time will vary by grade level.
Monday, Tuesday & Thursday
- 9:00-9:30 a.m. English Language Arts (ELA), science or social studies when appropriate.
- 9:40-10:10 a.m. Math, science or social studies when appropriate.
- 10:10 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.| Teacher office hours or special services support.
- No virtual instruction, posted lessons, teacher office hours, or special services support.
- 9:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m. Teacher office hours or special services support.
- No virtual instruction or posted lessons.