Remote Learning: Information & Updates
As the Kent School District plans for the start of the 2020-2021 school year, we are committed to keeping you informed. While there are still some uncertainties regarding what the upcoming school year will look like due to the nature of the COVID-19 crisis, we are hard at work to ensure our students continue to have access to a high-quality educational experience.
We will begin the school year with remote learning. This decision has been made due to a large number of COVID-19 cases in our region. It is based on guidance the district has received from the Washington Office of Superintendent of Public Instruction (OSPI).
The situation surrounding COVID-19 is evolving with time. As of August 3, when sharing the 2020-2021 Back to School Reopening Plan, our legal and labor team continues to meet with our labor partners to bargain the impacts of operationalizing our plans.
The details of our 2020-2021 reopening plan are subject to change as directives from governing authorities, health officials, or public health conditions determine. We will regularly update this page as our plans continue to take shape. We encourage you to keep checking back for the latest information.
Resources & More Information
- 2020-2021 Back to School Reopening Plan: View the reopening plan presented on August 3, 2020.
- Community Resources: Various community food, clothing, and shelter resources are available to KSD families.
- Enrollment: Families who are new to the Kent School District can enroll students for the 2020-2021 school year online.
- Free Summer Meals: Meals are available to all children 0-18 years old every Monday from June 29 through August 17 at select locations across Kent School District.
- Frequently Asked Questions: We are posting answers to the most common questions as they arise.
- Home Internet Access: We are distributing hotspots throughout the summer.
- Kindergarten Registration: Families can register kindergarten students online.
- Laptop Support: Students and staff who will not return to KSD for 2020-2021 must return their laptops. Everyone else is keeping theirs throughout the summer.
- Student Calendar: Thursday, August 27 is the first day of school.
- Summer Childcare: Childcare is available for school-aged children of first responders and healthcare workers.
We will continue to send frequent updates with information for the 2020-2021 school year.
- Emails: Make sure your email address is current and listed in Skyward Family Access.
- Text messages: Opt-in to receive text messages to your cell phone using Skyward Family Access.
- Website: Bookmark the Kent School District Closure Updates for quick access.
- Social media: Follow KentSchools415 on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter.