All Schools Closed through April 24
We share your concerns and want you to know that Kent School District is closely monitoring updates as guidance is changing frequently due to local and global developments.
Thank you for your flexibility, your patience and your grace as we navigate our evolving response to the COVID-19 pandemic.
Following Governor Inslee’s order on March 12, 2020, all Kent School District (KSD) schools and offices are closed through April 24, 2020.
- All out-of-district transportation, school events, field trips, community rentals, athletic practices, and competitions are canceled.
- There is no access to KSD facilities unless otherwise communicated.
- School playgrounds are closed as a result of Governor Inslee’s Stay-at-Home Order on March 23, 2020.
Supporting Students & Families
Team KSD is working throughout the closure to provide resources and support for our community.
- Answers to frequently asked questions are added as needed.
- Free meals are available to all children 0-18 years old at select school and community locations.
- Online learning support resources are available to elementary, inclusive education, and secondary students.
- Parent and family resources are available.
- Childcare is available for school-aged children of first responders and healthcare workers.
We continue to unpack the mandates and guidelines around this unprecedented health crisis as we make and implement decisions that best support our students, families, and staff.
- We will provide support for our seniors, the class of 2020, to ensure they complete graduation requirements if we are directed to do so by the Washington State Board of Education.
As part of our coronavirus response, we will continue to send frequent updates with information and resources throughout the prolonged closure.
- Emails: Make sure your email address is current and listed in Skyward Family Access.
- Text messages: Opt-in to receive text messages to your cell phone using Skyward Family Access.
- Website: Bookmark the Kent School District Closure Updates for quick access.
- Social media: Follow KentSchools415 on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter.