GEAR UP Achievers
Preparing the Class of 2024 for Success
Kent School District (KSD) and the University of Washington (UW) Office of Minority Affairs & Diversity (OMA&D) have partnered to bring the GEAR UP Achievers program to three KSD middle schools in the 2019-2020 school year.
All eighth-grade students (class of 2024) enrolled for the 2019-2020 school year at Meeker Middle School are participating in GEAR UP Achievers.
Support Through High School & Beyond
Our GEAR UP success specialist will offer resources and support for students through 2024-2025 as they transition from middle to high school, graduate from high school, and enter post-secondary education.
- Support during eighth grade in 2019-2020
- Support during ninth grade in 2020-2021
- Support during tenth grade in 2021-2022
- Support during eleventh grade in 2022-2023
- Support during twelfth grade in 2023-2024
- Support during the first year of post-secondary education in 2024-2025
GEAR UP Achievers students and families can count on:
- Tutoring, mentoring, and/or after school programs.
- Support in understanding the cost of post-secondary education and how to pay with financial aid, scholarships, grants, work student, and more.
- College visits, worksite visits, summer programming and more each year to help students prepare for post-secondary education and explore career pathways.
- Assistance in understanding how to support their student’s educational goals and career aspirations.
- Assistance with the College Bound Scholarship for eligible students. We will make sure students are signed up and taking the necessary steps to remain eligible.