Calling All Dads (or Other Father Figures) of Great Students!
WATCH D.O.G.S. (Dads of Great Students) is an innovative father involvement and educational initiative of the National Center for Fathering. Emerald Park is proud to participate in this program.
- Provide positive male role models for the students, demonstrating by their presence that education is important.
- Provide extra sets of eyes and ears to enhance school security and reduce bullying.
Who Can Volunteer
WatchDOGS are fathers, grandfathers, uncles, adult brothers, and other father-figures who volunteer for at least one day each year at an official WATCH D.O.G.S. school.
These volunteers perform a variety of tasks during their volunteer day engaging with more students than their own.
Activities may include:
- Working on flashcards
- Playing at recess
- Eating lunch
- Patroling the school entrances and hallways
- Assisting with traffic flow
On the day of their participation, WatchDOGS volunteers are given a brief review of their involvement. They wear an official WATCH D.O.G.S. vest with a disposable ‘dog tag’ identifying them as an Emerald Park WatchDOG.
Become an Emerald Park WatchDOG
- Complete the registration form and return it to the Emerald Park office, stop by the main office, or attend one of our WatchDOG events.
- Complete the online Volunteers in Public Schools application or the annual renewal process.
- Wait for us to contact you or stop in the office to say hello!
- Sign up for the day(s) or half-day(s) you would like to volunteer using SignUp Genius. You may also contact Emerald Park at (253) 373-3850 or email Indira.Aponte@kent.k12.wa.us.
Complete the End of Day Survey
After completing a day at Emerald Park as a WatchDOG, take the survey to let us know what you thought and if you have any suggestions or special requests!