Hiring Team KSD Bus Drivers
Now Hiring Team KSD Bus Drivers
Apply online to join the Kent School District (KSD) Transportation Team in transporting 8500 students to and from school each day.
- Competitive wages
- Health benefits
- Vision and dental
- Washington State retirement
- Teamster pension
- Weekends and summers off
- Minimum of five years driving experience
- Excellent driving record with no suspension or revocation of driving license within last five years
- Must be able to read a map, learn school locations, follow routing directions and complete paperwork
- Must be able to pass a physical agility test, Department of Transportation (DOT) physical, alcohol and drug tests, Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) and Washington State Patrol (WSP) background checks
We Offer Training
KSD provides training to qualified applicants. The driver training program takes approximately four weeks and combines classroom learning with behind-the-wheel bus driving experience.
- Complete the CDL Class B driving test
- Receive passenger and school bus endorsements
- Learn school bus procedures and legal requirements
- Understand route and map reading
Fees Paid by the Bus Driver
A new school bus driver can expect to pay approximately $416 in fees (subject to change) to begin his or her career.
- $13.00 to complete the driving abstract purchased from the Department of Licensing (DOL)
- $75 for Commercial Driver License (CDL) Class B permit and written test
- $166 for DOT physical and pre-employment drug screen (reimbursed after working 40 days)
- $112 for Commercial Driver License (CDL)
- $50 for fingerprinting
Fees Paid by KSD
KSD will pay approximately $110 (subject to change) for each candidate’s Commercial Driver License skills test.
We Offer a $1,000 Incentive
Candidates who complete training and begin driving for KSD will receive a $1,000 completion incentive.