accesso ShoWare Center
The graduation ceremonies for Kent-Meridian, Kentlake, Kentridge, and Kentwood will be held at accesso ShoWare Center in Kent.
Free parking is available onsite and in several lots within close walking distance of accesso ShoWare Center.
Parking spaces at the onsite parking lot are limited and are filled on a first come, first served basis, therefore arriving early is advised. Parking for graduates and guests with disabilities is available with proper state identification.
As a courtesy to Kent Station’s patrons, please do not leave your vehicle at Kent Station during the commencement ceremony.
Graduates and guests are prohibited from bringing the following items to Kent School District graduation ceremonies.
- Aerosol cans
- Animals/pets (except service animals)
- Balloons, beach balls or related items
- Battery operated clothing or blankets
- Cans, bottles, glass or beverage containers (empty plastic water bottles are allowed)
- Chains, studded bracelets, etc.
- Coolers or ice chests
- Illegal drugs and/or paraphernalia (includes marijuana)
- Large bags (maximum size is 14” x 14” x 6”), backpacks, suitcases
- Laser pens and pointers
- Noisemaking devices (i.e. whistles, air horns)
- Outside food, beverage, bottled water, etc.
- Poles/sticks to display flags, banners, etc.
- Skateboards, rollerblades, bikes, etc.
- Unapproved pamphlets, fliers, handbills, etc.
- Weapons of any kind (i.e. firearms, pepper spray, tear gas, handcuffs, stun guns, etc.)
- Any other item deemed inappropriate or dangerous by the venue in its sole discretion
Guests, excluding law enforcement personnel, are prohibited from bringing weapons into accesso ShoWare Center.
Guests with prohibited items will not be allowed in the building and, if already in the building, will be required to take the item from the building or be evicted. Guests will be refused entry if they are in possession of prohibited items. Illegal items will be confiscated and turned over to the police. Guests with specific or special dietary needs due to medical conditions or religious requirements should contact Guest Services prior to arrival at the event. Clear bags encouraged to expedite entry.
In order to continue and maintain a commitment to guest safety, accesso ShoWare Center has implemented enhanced security measures.
- Metal detector wands to be used at all points of entry. If you are unable to be scanned with the metal detector wands, security staff will conduct a pat-down search.
- Backpacks are prohibited from entering the arena.
- Bags, including handbags and purses, may not be larger than 14” x 14” x 6”.
- All bags, regardless of sizes, are subject to a pre-entry search.