Congratulations to the Class of 2019!
The Kent-Meridian High School graduation ceremony will be held on June 15 at 8:00 p.m. at the accesso ShoWare Center (625 W James St, Kent). Any senior student who has met all of the state and district requirements for graduation is invited to walk with the graduating class.
In order to be eligible for graduation, students must:
- Earn a minimum of 23 credits distributed across the correct categories;
- Pass the required state exams for math and ELA or alternatives;
- Complete all parts of the high school and beyond plan.
Teachers will determine by June 10 whether senior students will pass their classes or not. Counselors will begin calling parents and guardians of non-graduating seniors starting June 11.
- If you are taking a credit recovery class through Edgenuity and intend to walk at graduation, you must complete all course work by June 1. Please be diligent about completing your work on time.
- If you are not walking at graduation, then you need to complete your course work by June 12.
- Non-graduating students should keep working and continue with summer school.
High School & Beyond Plan
The High School and Beyond Plan was due in March and should be complete. You must have your High School and Beyond Plan approved in order to purchase a ticket for the Senior Prom.
If you are not concerned about attending prom, then please finish your CP by June 1.
Senior Laptop Check-In
All seniors will receive an appointment to return their laptop, power cord, and case on June 12. Please prepare your laptop for check-in and make sure you have all of your laptop components.
If you have concerns about lost, missing, or damaged items and the fines you may incur, please speak with Mr. Maxwell in the Tech Office before or after school or during your lunch time.
All senior students must complete Senior Check-Out on June 13. Students will receive an appointment for their checkout time.
June 13 will be the final day for senior students to attend classes whether they graduate or not.
Seniors who are eligible to walk at the graduation ceremony will receive five free graduation tickets.
Students who complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) or an approved alternative will receive an additional five free graduation tickets. Approved alternatives include:
- Washington Application for State Financial Aid (WASFA)
- Confirmed enlistment in the military
- Confirmed acceptance to an apprenticeship
- Students with an IEP who are supported by Kevin’s Law or who will transition to TOP
Families may purchase additional graduation tickets for $5 each using cash only from our cashier starting June 1 during normal business hours.
Graduating seniors must attend graduation practice at KM on June 14 from 8:30-11:30 a.m.
Non-graduating seniors may participate in senior activities like the senior breakfast and senior vs. staff kickball game, but may not participate in the graduation practice or ceremony.
This information is intended to supplement information about graduation students receive from teachers, counselors, administrators and other parts of the KM website.
Additional information has been made available through the Advisory program, senior parent night, open house, conferences, credit checks with your counselor, and multiple senior assemblies.
It is the responsibility of students and families to be knowledgeable about graduation requirements. Please ask your counselor or other knowledgeable school personnel if you have questions.