Kindergarten Dual Language Lottery
The annual kindergarten Dual Language lottery is conducted by the Kent School District (KSD) Student and Family Support Services team each spring.
Applications for the program will be available on the KSD website, at the Administration Center, and in the main offices of the schools with Dual Language programs.
- Kent Elementary School (grades 1-6)
- Kent Valley Early Learning Center (Kindergarten students from Kent & Neely-O'Brien)
- Neely-O’Brien Elementary School (grades 1-6)
- Scenic Hill Elementary School (grades K-6)
Timelines and application deadlines will be published annually on the KSD website and on the applications.
2019-2020 School Year
The Kent School District is no longer accepting applications for the 2019-2020 school year.
Applications for 2020-2021 will be available in spring 2020.
A lottery is used to determine student placement in the Dual Language program for kindergarten.
Two separate waiting lists are established to ensure the program is evenly filled with native Spanish speakers and those who speak other languages.
- A waiting list for students who speak Spanish as their home language
- A waiting list for students who speak any other language
Students are placed on each waitlist in the following order:
- Students identified for English language learner services
- Siblings of students currently enrolled in the KSD Dual Language program
- Students living within the DL elementary school boundaries
- Students living within the KSD boundary
- Students living outside of the KSD boundary
Waitlist Priority Groups
Students Identified for English Learner Services
Siblings of Students Currently in the KSD Dual Language Program
Students Living Within the Dual Language School Boundaries