Kindergarten Dual Language Lottery
2020-2021 Application Process
The Kent School District is no longer accepting online Kindergarten Dual Language Lottery applications for the 2020-2021 school year, please contact the school directly to inquire about space availability.
Dual Langauge Elementary Schools
- Kent Elementary School (grades 1-6)
- Kent Valley Early Learning Center (Kindergarten students from Kent & Neely-O'Brien)
- Neely-O’Brien Elementary School (grades 1-6)
- Scenic Hill Elementary School (grades K-6)
A lottery is used to determine student placement in the Dual Language (DL) program for kindergarten.
Two separate waiting lists are established to ensure the program is evenly filled with native Spanish speakers and those who speak other languages.
- A waiting list for students who speak Spanish as their home language
- A waiting list for students who speak any other language
Students are placed on each waitlist in the following order:
- Students identified for English language learner services
- Siblings of students currently enrolled in the KSD Dual Language program
- Students living within the DL elementary school boundaries
- Students living within the KSD boundary
- Students living outside of the KSD boundary
Waitlist Priority Groups
Students Identified for English Learner Services
Siblings of Students Currently in the KSD Dual Language Program
Students Living Within the Dual Language School Boundaries