Calling All Dads (or other father figures) of Great Students!
WATCH D.O.G.S. (Dads Of Great Students) is an innovative father involvement and educational initiative of the National Center for Fathering. Horizon is proud to participate in this program.
- Provide positive male role models for the students, demonstrating by their presence that education is important.
- To provide extra sets of eyes and ears to enhance school security and reduce bullying.
Who Can Volunteer
WatchDOGs are fathers, grandfathers, uncles, and other father-figures who volunteer for at least one day each year at an official WATCH D.O.G.S. school.
These volunteers perform a variety of tasks during their volunteer day engaging with more students than their own.
Activities may include:
- Work on flashcards
- Play at recess
- Eat lunch
- Patrol the school entrances and hallways
- Assist with traffic flow and
- Any other assigned activities
Become a Horizon WatchDOG
Step 1: Become a Horizon Volunteer
Step 2: Sign Up for a Day
If you would like to volunteer for a day (or half a day), please contact Horizon Elementary at (253) 373-7313 or email Jerel.Thomas@kent.k12.wa.us.