Kindergarten Early Entry (KEE)
Register for Kindergarten Early
Kindergarten Early Entry Applications are now closed.
The preschool requirement for testing will be waived.
Children must be five years old by August 31 to be eligible to enroll in kindergarten, however, Kent School District (KSD) offers a fee-based assessment to determine if a younger child can enter kindergarten early.
- The child must turn five years old between September 1 and October 31.
- The family must provide proof of address within the Kent School District boundary.
During the in-person assessment children will:
- Participate in a group observation with kindergarten teachers.
- Receive one-on-one pre-academic testing with a school psychologist.
Assessment includes measures of school readiness in the areas of:
- Mental ability
- Gross motor skills
- Fine motor skills
- Visual discrimination
- Auditory discrimination
- Social-emotional development
If your child turns five years old on or before August 31, please register for kindergarten.