Kindergarten Early Entry (KEE)
Register for Kindergarten Early Entry
The application period for the 2023-2024 school year is now closed.
Preschool experience will be required for children that will be assessed for the 2024-2025 school year.
Children must be five years old by August 31 to be eligible to enroll in kindergarten, however, Kent School District (KSD) offers a fee-based assessment to determine if a younger child can enter kindergarten early.
- The child must turn five years old between September 1 and October 31.
- The family must provide proof of address within the Kent School District boundary.
During the in-person assessment children will:
- Participate in a group observation with kindergarten teachers.
- Receive one-on-one pre-academic testing with a school psychologist.
Assessment includes measures of school readiness in the areas of:
- Mental ability
- Gross motor skills
- Fine motor skills
- Visual discrimination
- Auditory discrimination
- Social-emotional development
If your child turns five years old on or before August 31, please register for kindergarten.